The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

22 minutes ago, blandy said:

I agreed with your post, but I'd like to add that while the above would be nice, they're not strictly (IMO) necessary. If they don't possess all those things, they need to employ people who do. That is what's caused the current mess.

100%.  I was actually going to write that.  That intelligence means making good appointments and delegating authority.  Totally agree.

Yeah he's a pauper in the world of football owners, but he does seems to be someone who would not waste an investment.

Edit: This after a quick look at his wiki page as I know nothing about the man :D But I remember hearing that song about his relative? Eleanor

Part of a larger group?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Well the same guy who originally posted about in on twitter has said he's leading the consortium and there's more money behind him.

Probably BS, but is quite a random link. I'd say there's more truth to it than the Ellison links... :lol:

21 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Nail on the head. Randy’s biggest failing wasn't his own lack of nous it is was failure to employ people who can make up for it. Had he have done so, given the level of investment he has put into the club, we would never have found ourselves in anything like this position. Such a waste.

Kind of agree, but for me he lacked nous - if he had it he would have employed better and more experienced people and then backed them.  All history now. 

Hopefully things will get better soon.

49 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Mark, I would argue that it was exactly because of 'his lack of nous'

1. Faulkner - appointing him as CEO despite having no experience at that level inside or outside football

2. Houllier - known health problems

3. McLeish  - Relegated SHA, hired by AVFC - disaster waiting to happen

4. The 'project' with Lambert - loads of money spent on low quality players

5. Fox - enough said

and so on....

Mike I agree it was all down to him but I think it goes beyond a lack of nous on his part. If I am buying a business I know nothing about running myself then I get the best people I can in possible to oversee it. That doesn't take nous to come to that conclusion surely that is simply down to common sense.

The managers appointed are as a result of not having expertise/experience/those with a football background on the board. Many of those appointments would never have happened with the right people on the board/overseeing things.

It wasn't down to trying to do things on the cheap either. It is hard to get your head around us employing Tom Fox as CEO a position he had never held before and paying him 1.25 mill a year, the 6th highest in the division. If you are willing to pay that kind of money you can attract someone who has at least held the position before and was successful at it.

Edited by markavfc40

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Ignore the Rigby tweet. It's a wind up after TBAR believed his initial joke tweet last week.

If someone on TBAR said the sky was blue I'd have to look out the window to check.