The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Dunno. Just saying, I think the desperation to get rid of Lerner might not be the best thing.

To be honest I was of this train of thought last summer but considering we seem to be dropping like a stone I'd happily take a slight improvement. 

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Main land Europe covers alot of county's, any names people want to make up?  

2015 Swedish billionaires list[edit]

World ranking Name Citizenship Net Worth (USD) Sources of wealth
28 Stefan Persson 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 22.9 billion[2] H&M
92 Hans Rausing 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 12.5 billion Tetra Pak
220 Melker Schörling 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 6.4 billion Melker Schörling AB
271 Jörn Rausing 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 5.5 billion Tetra Laval, inherited
283 Antonia Johnson 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 5.3 billion Axel Johnson AB
301 Dan Sten Olsson 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 5.1 billion Stena Sphere
301 Finn Rausing 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 5.1 billion Tetra Laval, inherited
301 Kirsten Rausing 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 5.1 billion Tetra Laval, inherited
309 Bertil Hult 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 5.0 billion EF Education First
318 Frederik Paulsen Jr 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 4.9 billion Ferring Pharmaceuticals
381 Lottie Tham 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 4.3 billion H&M
393 Gustaf Douglas 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 4.2 billion Securitas, Investment AB Latour
462 Fredrik Lundberg 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 3.7 billion L E Lundbergföretagen
497 Ingvar Kamprad 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 3.5 billion IKEA
603 Karl-Johan Persson 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 3.0 billion H&M

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I still dont think its coincidental that The Sun was running it being a British group linked with Oracle 

Could easily be Villa fan business men back by a large fund couldnt it? Mervyn King confidently saying we have a bright future makes sense now.

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

To be honest I was of this train of thought last summer but considering we seem to be dropping like a stone I'd happily take a slight improvement. 

I wouldn't.

A slight improvement might be, say, stabilising at Championship Level.

If that was the case I'd rather sink further if it meant we eventually found the right person to take us all the way back up.

Dunno, I'm just speculating. Obviously anything could happen. I just get nervous when the price gets lowered and the "Consortium" is banded about.

3 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I think French. All the signs have been there.

Houllier.

Ah so we can add Red Bull as part of this already earth shattering consortium? I'll take it..

Edited by Daweii
Forgot to add the 'h' to make Ah...
  • Like 1

Looks like UK businessmen

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10252514/aston-villa-supporting-consortium-in-pole-position-to-buy-club

A group of Aston Villa-supporting businessmen are in pole position to purchase the club from Randy Lerner in a deal which could rise to £100m, according to Sky sources.

The consortium - which is partly based in the UK, partly in mainland Europe - is now carrying out due diligence having been given access to the club's accounts.
Significant progress has already been made as American Lerner looks to sell the club he has owned for almost a decade.

Sky Sports News HQ understands there are as many as eight groups which have come forward to buy the now-relegated Premier League club.

The departure of Mervyn King and David Bernstein from the board has left the club in turmoil. However cost-cutting and the announcement of 500 job losses at Villa Park, has cleared the path for meaningful takeover talks.

Negotiations were continuing on Thursday with lawyers in Birmingham and London and are at a key stage, with sources indicating significant progress towards a deal could be made in the next 48 hours.