Ratings and Reactions: Swansea v Villa

limpid

I'm going to be uncharacteristically positive.

There wasn't much between the sides today. Get in somebody actually capable of playing the role of goalkeeper, someone who is a threat up front and a manager who can motivate then perhaps we might not go down next season.

Not a terrible result in isolation, but in top of the other zillion losses we've accumulated, it's awful.

Ayew anonymous, Gestede being Gestede, midfield work hard and look neat without any penetration. The usual mistake a game cost us - another game. No attacking threat so to speak too.

So for us,an average game i guess.

3 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Does anyone know what date we're likely to be mathematically down?

Well we are 4 victories away from safety with only 7 games left. 

It could be as early as Bournemouth away on the 9th, but more likely Man Utd away on the 16th.

Won't go beyond that unless we win matches between then,

I thought we played quite well first half but it shows that if you can't score when you are on top you generally loose. Most of the blame will go to Guzan but I maintain he would not have had to go for that ball if Hutton had tracked his player. Its one mistake after another combined with a toothless attack and little or no quality in midfield. Gana was good first half. i thought Gestede did ok in the first half too, but we don't have enough quality, faith or desire to win football matches. 

MOTM - the away fans, for putting up with these guys!  Any other Premiership team would have beaten Swansea today, which shows how bad we are.   Very much doubt that we will win or draw again this season.  Hate this team!

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Guzan made a bad error today, he was our best player in the last game - and that's the thing, we don't have players at the back with any consistency and we have too many with a big mistakes in them - any one of our back four is capable of costing you a game in any given week. Allied to the complete lack of scoring threat provided by our front line, we're an accident waiting to happen.

This is about as an accurate an assessment of our situation as you can give. 

Problem is without a big overhaul of the playing staff, nobody is going to be able to do anything to change it. A change in management will do nothing, so we're screwed until the end of the season. When the transfer window opens. (If we even sign anyone then)

38 minutes ago, YLN said:

Is it sour grapes that the lads in the studio laughing at Britton taking down Gabby is making me a bit angry?

We have become so insignificant, that is the reaction.

It's a familiar cycle, the players try and to be fair they did a good deal of closing down and tackling today, but ultimately we lost because there is no quality in the final third or really anywhere in that side.

we could play for days and not score

then next game the players realise why bother trying? A loss is a loss, what is anyone playing for, caring for? The season is over.

Hence the heavy losses, before public/media, club and fan outcry forces the players to care then they do care a bit more, still lose then go back to not caring.

if we had conceded early today we would have lost by more, it's only that Swansea were toilet water.

Â