Ratings and Reactions: Swansea v Villa

limpid

Get in somebody actually capable of playing the role of goalkeeper, someone who is a threat up front

Funny, that's exactly what we tried to sign in January...

• Like 1

Funny, that's exactly what we tried to sign in January...

Did we really try though? Or did the board intentionally chase players they knew wouldnt go through?

Work permit rules are pretty easy to research. Its was always unlikely that permit would be approved.

Did we really try though? Or did the board intentionally chase players they knew wouldnt go through?

Work permit rules are pretty easy to research. Its was always unlikely that permit would be approved.

Err yeh it was all a conspiracy. Ok Mulder

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Where's Chewie? Has he walked as well?

I'm always here for you brother. It's just getting videos encoded and posted, or just posting the links to others encodes doesn't feel like it needs to be done straight away like before. 

Extra extra, read all about it, Villa in another no goal scored loss shocker.

• Like 2

Finally home after going walkabout to get around motorway closure. Really not sure why we still bother with them serving up this dross. We did look OK at times but that's mostly because Swansea were incredibly poor. They looked better in the second half and I think Britton coming on game them a much better shape. Even when we had the ball, we never look threatening and the demeanour of the team is negative throughout. Even the shooting practice during the warm-up was a joke. About 2 went in out of about 50 attempts. 

Special mention to the Villa "fan" on the front row who spent 90 minutes trying to pick a fight with a Swansea fan who was there with his two young kids. Constantly in his face, goading and swearing at him throughout and then when the Swansea fan spoke to a steward about it, he was offered outside to sort out their differences. Total clearing in the woods who gave our club a bad name.

4 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

They are just not good enough pure and simple.  So bored of watching them lose.

This. I'm just bored to tears of it. 

I have only one ambition the Villa right now, to make Randy Lerner as uncomfortable as possible, until the day he finally plucks up the courage to call it a day on the money that he pissed up the wall on this shower of shite. 

We Want Our Villa Back. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It was a bit like watching Soccer Aid, where they let Gordon Ramsey and Olly Murs run around Old Trafford with real football kits on.

We have 11 full kit rocket polishers out every week.

11 hours ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Does anyone know what date we're likely to be mathematically down?

If we lose our next two games and Norwich win one of theirs so could be on 9/4/16 Bournemouth 

What a **** sorry state of affairs.

Edited by Kingman

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It was a bit like watching Soccer Aid, where they let Gordon Ramsey and Olly Murs run around Old Trafford with real football kits on.

That is an outstanding way to describe it.

Only the atmosphere is 100x better at soccer aid.

• Like 1

I forgot we were the 5.30 kick off and did not check the result until about 10pm when we were out with friends. That pretty much sums up my interest these days.

Much more interestingly one of those friends, neighbour in fact, has been involved in management in both the PL but more so the Championship. It was very interesting listening to his view from the position of someone in football. I will probably post his thoughts in the relevant threads but he pretty much echoed many of the views of the fans: how poor some of our players are, our academy is not actually that good, a real schism in the dressing room, the fact they are now just going through the motions, overpaying for average players, Garde being the wrong manager at the wrong time, the need to appoint a real b*stard of a manager. I could go on.

Â