The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Expecting to wake up in the morning to see the news that the ERG and the Cabinet have spent all night attacking and eating each other like starving rats trapped in a cellar.

That would be a good outcome, compared to the alternatives.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

Are you basing your comments on wiki or something?

Only in terms of timeline because I distinctly remember Hoey being a thing in politics well before I remember Blair

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Expecting to wake up in the morning to see the news that the ERG and the Cabinet have spent all night attacking and eating each other like starving rats trapped in a cellar.

Nah, I think there's a battle on for control of the conch shell though

• Like 1

This

is typical of her style.  Try to make people think she has promised something, while not doing so.  Like a child swearing something, while crossing thier fingers behind their back.

In her statement to MPs, May came closer than in recent days to ruling out a no-deal Brexit, after last week’s European council meeting agreed to an extension of the article 50 timetable.

She told MPs: “Unless this house agrees to it, no deal will not happen.” May had also opened the cabinet meeting by stressing the risks of a no-deal Brexit, amid fears among senior colleagues that she could embrace the idea, rather than accept a longer delay.

However, her spokesman afterwards insisted she had not intended to imply that she would never implement no deal; merely that MPs would be likely to seize the opportunity to avoid it.

“The point the prime minister was making is that the house has voted against no deal, and will take every opportunity to prevent no deal,” the spokesman said.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Only in terms of timeline because I distinctly remember Hoey being a thing in politics well before I remember Blair

Your timeline is correct,  but remember that Blair is just the manifestation, people like Mandy had been doing the legwork long before he popped up.  When he was elected, he had no idea what to do, and kept asking Gordon Brown.   But that soon changed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The kids are well into Hey Duggee! at the moment, a cartoon where a dog is a sort-of scout leader and in each episode, they get a badge.

Inspired by this, I made a cut-out-and-keep idiot badge for my friends on VT.  Print a few out, and award them to deserving gonks in the coming days.

Ship Ahoey.jpg

Well done, Squirrels - you've earned your...  IDIOT BADGE! 

And here come your parents... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Trying to see the logic of voting for Letwin but against Beckett, but coming up blank. Obviously appealed to a few of them though. 

Voted FOR Letwin but AGAINST Beckett:

• Damian Collins (CON)
  • Alberto Costa (CON)
  • George Freeman (CON)
  • Damian Green (CON)
  • Jo Johnson (CON)
  • Jeremy Lefroy (CON)
  • Paul Masterton (CON)
  • Andrew Mitchell (CON)
  • Nicky Morgan (CON)
  • Robert Neill (CON)
  • Sarah Newton (CON)
  • Mark Pawsey (CON)
  • John Stevenson (CON)

Voted FOR Letwin but ABSTAINED on Beckett:

• Richard Benyon (CON)
  • Alistair Burt (CON)
  • Mike Hill (LAB)
  • Grahame Morris (LAB)
  • Melanie Onn (LAB)
  • Ruth Smeeth (LAB)

Genuinely interested in any explanations (from these individuals themselves or otherwise) as to what they might possibly have thought they were up to. 

On 24/03/2019 at 18:24, bickster said:

Having just seen that BBC aerial footage, that's more than a million people

not even close as it turns out

Based on the visuals from the helicopter image, it’s between 312,000 and 400,000 people,” explains Manchester Metropolitan University’s Keith Still, a world leader in crowd science who has developed mandatory event-monitoring training for police. (He also debunked Donald Trump’s claims about the numbers attending his inauguration in 2017.)

but you’re always left with the Gove option regarding experts :D

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

My Tory MP (Ed Vaizey - Wantage), rebelled last night.  Good lad.

Well, he had a go. Bless him. :)

He apparently voted in the no lobby as well (thinking they were voting on the Labour amendment).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Â