The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys, I’ve been in america for the past 5 days and I’m not back until Sunday. 

Any chance of a summary of what the **** is happening? As I literally have no clue

On the Tory side - May has completely lost control of parliamentary agenda so we're having 'indicative votes'. Mogg and rest of the ERG are in the process of caving as we all knew they would given they're not going to be able to engineer a calamity. The DUP are still dancing on the head of pin as they know supporting the deal is as good as ensuring reunification.

On the Labour side - **** knows what's going on tbh. Corbyn is a giant empty shell of a leader. For the first time in his entire life he refused to go on a protest march (apparently he had better things to do). In the absence of any direction it appears MP's are now just making stuff up and presenting it as party policy...it's a complete shitshow.

Oh and May is still a massive word removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys, I’ve been in america for the past 5 days and I’m not back until Sunday. 

Any chance of a summary of what the **** is happening? As I literally have no clue

Sorry if already posted.. but after the Governemt response to the petition said they would certainly not be revoking article 50, they’ve sent me another email to say they are going to debate it on April 1st (I know).

Sums the situation up absolutely perfectly.

Just now, Genie said:

Sorry if already posted.. but after the Governemt response to the petition said they would certainly not be revoking article 50, they’ve sent me another email to say they are going to debate it on April 1st (I know).

Sums the situation up absolutely perfectly.

Statement is triggered at 10,000 signatories

Debate is triggered at 100,000 signatories

The process forces them to do this

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Statement is triggered at 10,000 signatories

Debate is triggered at 100,000 signatories

The process forces them to do this

Yeah, I get that. But why respond to say they won’t revoke it before the debate? They should at least pretend to take the biggest ever petition seriously. 

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, I get that. But why respond to say they won’t revoke it before the debate? They should at least pretend to take the biggest ever petition seriously. 

Because the debate won't be a binding debate, it won't even take place in the chamber, They are usually held in Westminster Hall

The whole thing was always a con. People only use the petitions as unofficial polls due to that

35 minutes ago, peterms said:

would it be a pedant to point out that he actually means  General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmany Melchett , Haig is only in one episode giving advice on sticking pencils up the nose

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

would it be a pedant to point out that he actually means  General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmany Melchett , Haig is only in one episode giving advice on sticking pencils up the nose

See, this is why we have to leave.  Damned foreigners have no understanding of nor respect for our national traditions.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not a foregone conclusion we will even have the indicative votes, because of course May is whipping them to vote down the business motion:

Wow probably for the piss you off thread but spox is irritating, especially as it's an abbreviated word that is totally unnecessary in the first place. Neither needed to be used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Because the debate won't be a binding debate, it won't even take place in the chamber, They are usually held in Westminster Hall

The whole thing was always a con. People only use the petitions as unofficial polls due to that

But now I'm reading that the speaker will select about half a dozen proposals ranging from doing exactly what the petition was asking, to leaving with no deal.

So its been confirmed we certainly won't revoke article 50 before its even been debated, it'll be debated however on 1st April even though decision is already made, but it'll actually be debated today. Clear? Great.

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This government is anti-democratic scum.

The one thing both Leavers and Remainers would agree on, albeit for very different reasons. 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This government is anti-democratic scum.

All in it together

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47717397

The government has spent $15.9m (£12m) on a luxury apartment in New York for a British diplomat working to negotiate trade deals with the US.

The seven-bedroom flat in the 50 United Nations Plaza will house the British consul general in New York.

Boasting panoramic views, the flat occupies the whole 38th-floor, according to the Guardian, which first reported the story.

The Foreign Office said it had "secured the best possible deal".

I'd have thought that there were better things to spend £12m on at the moment as we stare financial catastrophe in the face.

Edited by Genie

Â