The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

51 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Portmanteau rather than conjunction, no?

No, it's definitely not a large travelling bag, typically made of stiff leather and opening into 2 equal parts.

1 minute ago, peterms said:

Davis' comments to the parliamentary committee this morning were quite staggering.  Perhaps they give some kind of insight into his mind.  I imagine it to be similar to the surface of Mars.

More like a half bitten Malteser

12 minutes ago, peterms said:

they give some kind of insight into his mind

Wow! he has a mind! the utterly vacuous chancer has a think-brain? Nah. Don't believe it. It's beyond satire, like that bloke in the fast show

• Like 2

Ha. Hahaha.

Davis and his department have basically misled Parliament for months, and he's now been caught in spectacular fashion.

We've done no actual analysis of the impact of leaving our biggest market by miles behind. I mean it's obvious the answer is almost universally 'bad', but you'd think they'd actually analyse it. 

But no! David Davis doesn't like doing that kind of analysis, so we didn't.

Astounding. About as stupid as Brexit gets. Davis will be alright though, what with those friends at Tate and Lyle who don't like the EU much at all...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I'd like to think some sort of criminal charge might be in order

Dereliction of duty? Criminal negligence? Utter F-tardery?

All of the above - send him DOWN.

“I am not a fan of economic models because they have all proven wrong when you have a paradigm change” 

In other words "why bother researching anything if you don't know the result already".

Although at least this shows he was telling the truth about one thing. The whole "if we show them what we know it's giving away our hand" nonsense is actually proven correct. 

Saying "we don't actually know anything" would prove to Barnier et al that everyone involved on the British side to be a bunch of incapable, bluffing chancers. Although he probably guessed that pretty quickly.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

She actually had a pop at Labour as well, amazing. 

May, lashing out like a little child who has been caught.

That performance in PMQs was absolutely awful.  She's got no substance, and no style to her delivery.  She manages to blag her way through it with the support of the parping and guffawing arse-lickers sitting behind her.

• Like 3

This is the same government that does not have the bandwidth to do anything about their commitments on social mobility so much so that the entire team working on it quit. If they are not working on Brexit what the hell are they doing with their time?  I get the feeling that this is all a bit too much for them and that they are frozen into inaction with fear.  They can't keep saying that things are fine whilst demonstrating that they are obviously not.  If we truly do get the politicians we deserve then we have been really awful.

Â