The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

On 08/11/2017 at 14:25, mjmooney said:

No One Knows What Britain Is Anymore

I don't know what this country is anymore either and that isn't just down to Brexit.

There has been so much divisiveness allowed to breed and actively encouraged by the Government since 2010. From blaming those claiming benefits for the countries woes to blaming Johnny Foreigner.

This country has a proud history but over recent years many should hang their heads in shame as to what they have helped us become which is a country with more than its fair share of xenophobes, those lacking in compassion and as long as I'm alright Jack merchants but if I am not then it is that scrounging bastards fault or that guy with the darker skin colour or foreign accent.

I feel little connection with a lot of people in this country now and sadly that includes some of my family and friends and on wider scale I have no desire to be part of a country that wants to become very isolated. 

This country is fractured and those that broke it have no desire to help fix it.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

One of my favourite things about the horror show that is Brexit is the thought of all those who voted to get rid of the 'im'grants' having to come to terms with the fact all the largely invisible Europeans they apparently despise will be replaced by those from the subcontinent, who I can only imagine they hate even more.

It's a shame too many will be dead by the time they'd get to see it.

I can imagine the "man on the street" views..

"And what do you make of the hordes of immigrants coming from India?"

"well loike.. erm.. dow get me rung moite.  I ay rey-sest or anyfin, but erm.. I'd rether av the poles bek, at lest them was whiite ay it?" 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Xann said:

b0JNTmL.jpg?1

amusing doc , is flawed

2017 Most reliable cars 

1st Place Lexus - Not EU

2nd place Jaguar XF   ..oh look a British car (well Indian if you wanna be pedantic)

Leaded petrol - the same leaded petrol that the UK  initiated the drive against  ( against resistance in Europe at the time it should be added)

and why would leaving the EU stop us from having  Sat Nav (American) & Airbags (American  )   ? ...  you can have  Bluetooth (Sweden ) , though arguably it was George Antheil (American) who came up with it

anyway , pedant over

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

One of my favourite things about the horror show that is Brexit is the thought of all those who voted to get rid of the 'im'grants' having to come to terms with the fact all the largely invisible Europeans they apparently despise will be replaced by those from the subcontinent, who I can only imagine they hate even more.

interestingly I was discussing this with a Pakistani mum as our daughters had a play date the other day (she raised the subject I hasten to add ) ... She felt people here were Anti Muslim rather than anti colour of skin

she could be right seeing as a majority of Jews and Sikhs voted leave ( and Christians)

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

She felt people here were Anti Muslim rather than anti colour of skin

Yes almost definitely, and the people who hold that view are stupid enough that all brown people = Muslim

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes almost definitely, and the people who hold that view are stupid enough that all brown people = Muslim

And they're the ones who think leaving the EU will stop people from ASIA immigrating :crylaugh:  

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't know what this country is anymore either and that isn't just down to Brexit.

There has been so much divisiveness allowed to bread and actively encouraged by the Government since 2010. From blaming those claiming benefits for the countries woes to blaming Johnny Foreigner.

This country has a proud history but over recent years many should hang their heads in shame as to what they have helped us become which is a country with more than its fair share of xenophobes, those lacking in compassion and as long as I'm alright Jack merchants but if I am not then it is that scrounging bastards fault or that guy with the darker skin colour or foreign accent.

I feel little connection with a lot of people in this country now and sadly that includes some of my family and friends and on wider scale I have no desire to be part of a country that wants to become very isolated. 

This country is fractured and those that broke it have no desire to help fix it.

It’s not a British thing, it is a similar trend in all of the ‘west’. 

It is a response to the fallout from 2009 which is still working its way through the system. 

By a number of measures the GFC was as bad as the Great Depression 100 years earlier. Fortunately many of the worst aspects of the Great Depression (hyper inflation, the rise of Fasist governments etc) were staived off this time (by more robust social welfare programs and central government planning) but there is still a fallout working its way through western civilisation.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. Throwing types of people into a bucket and sticking a label on them is incredibly stupid.

Okay Okay, apologies, I'll amend.

Not everyone who voted leave is stupid, but everybody stupid voted leave ;)

We're insisting that Brexit means Brexit for Northern Ireland too, meaning it must leave the customs union.

Which means it has to have a border.

Which is disastrous.

We're **** stupid. Brexit is lunacy.

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We're insisting that Brexit means Brexit for Northern Ireland too, meaning it must leave the customs union.

Which is disastrous.

Have they told Arlene and her boys yet? As that's the end of this government

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Interestingly, there isn't an outcome that both the DUP and Tories will go for I don't think. You either have a border in Ireland or a border between the UK and Northern Ireland, which the DUP wont go for, or you have variations of soft Brexit which will have the Tories go mental.

Which is presumably why they insist we're special and can get a super all the positives no negatives deal. 

Which won't happen.

Which means no deal or we back down.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

In the fantasy land of the modern neo-liberal infinite growth economist, economic growth is directly proportional to population growth. Those in current charge of things couldn't give a shit about the cultural impact of this, and the only reason the IMF etc. are starting to say it's important is because there are lamp-posts everywhere nowadays.

There will be no reduction in immigration unless you lot are willing to shag a lot more. No more moaning on VT, get to work Britannia! :D

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

2017 Most reliable cars 

1st Place Lexus - Not EU

2nd place Jaguar XF   ..oh look a British car (well Indian if you wanna be pedantic)

£23k and £32k respectively.

I expect the matchday car parks around Villa Park will be absolutely full of them.

2 hours ago, villakram said:

There will be no reduction in immigration unless you lot are willing to shag a lot more. No more moaning on VT, get to work Britannia! :D

And yet when Cabinet Ministers, backbenchers, and other assorted wannabes attempt a shag, they are outed and criticised!

Just cant get it right with all you SJWs around.

Sad.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Which is disastrous.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Ignoring their public statements, the DUP will accept a hard border. Their appeal to business interests didn't stretch as far as backing 'Remain', and when push comes to shove their ultimate defining purpose is avoiding anything which might lead to a united Ireland, which a border at the sea presents a danger of. 

The notion that hard-line Northern Irish Protestants wouldn't crash the economy for the sake of history and symbolism certainly seems to ignore decades of evidence to the contrary. 

Â