The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

8 hours ago, darrenm said:

Something big is happening here. I can feel it in my waters. This is the beeping of the brexit bus reversing

Brexit are stupid. There will be a lot of anger. Some will realise they've been duped, others because we're trying to snatch away their Utopia.

12 hours ago, darrenm said:

Something big is happening here. I can feel it in my waters. This is the beeping of the brexit bus reversing

I feel it too. There are so many similarities with the situation in the US and indeed a number of the same people involved.  Just Wikileaks on their own connect the Trump campaign and the Brexit campaign.  Looking at the stuff that came out from Trump jr today and Farage being involved with Trump and Wikileaks and Brexit it smells pretty bad.  It is worth someone having a look at.

Farage is supposedly wrapped in some Russian dealings behind the scenes, been rumoured for months.

Anywho... Today the Withdrawal bill debates get going. If nothing else the gasp yesterday indicates none of these **** has a clue what they're doing, hence why their enacting Article 50 earlier in the year 'because will of the people' was **** stupid. And now they can't do much about it, because we started a ball rolling we can only suggest gets stopped.

And while the grandstanding is happening on Centre Court, the business select committee is hearing from the motor industry.

According to Honda, they import two million components per day on 350 trucks and hold one hours worth of stock at any given time. It would take 18 months to put necessary customs administration in place, and every 15 minute delay on their current supply chain would cost them £850,000 per hour.

And that's before the current tariffs of 10% and 4.5% are factored in.

They need us more etc.

• Like 4

Excellent news!

The UK economy could enjoy a post-Brexit financial dividend of £135bn in the five years after its departure from the EU, Jacob Rees-Mogg has said, an opinion that attracted a direct if brief endorsement from the Department for International Trade.

That must be about £2,000 each!

How will you spend yours?

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

And while the grandstanding is happening on Centre Court, the business select committee is hearing from the motor industry.

According to Honda, they import two million components per day on 350 trucks and hold one hours worth of stock at any given time. It would take 18 months to put necessary customs administration in place, and every 15 minute delay on their current supply chain would cost them £850,000 per hour.

And that's before the current tariffs of 10% and 4.5% are factored in.

They need us more etc.

Customs is ****.

We're due to implement a new system soon which wasn't designed with the amount of traffic it would need to deal with in a no deal situation. Meaning we'd need a new system. And we'd need to have that commissioned, bid on and implemented in a year or so.

Add stuff going out would have a nightmare as well.

What a stupid decision Brexit was.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Customs is ****.

We're due to implement a new system soon which wasn't designed with the amount of traffic it would need to deal with in a no deal situation. Meaning we'd need a new system. And we'd need to have that commissioned, bid on and implemented in a year or so.

Add stuff going out would have a nightmare as well.

What a stupid decision Brexit was.

At work we've started discussions with HMRC and Border Force about how we'll need to implement customs checks on the new borders. I imagine this is being repeated at many businesses. Stunning amounts of time spent because we've no idea what kind of border we'll have.  And guess who'll end up paying for all this wasted time?

44 minutes ago, limpid said:

At work we've started discussions with HMRC and Border Force about how we'll need to implement customs checks on the new borders. I imagine this is being repeated at many businesses. Stunning amounts of time spent because we've no idea what kind of border we'll have.  And guess who'll end up paying for all this wasted time?

Should do wonders for our productivity stats.  Lots of time and money spent on producing, er, nothing extra.

Obviously, this never happened Boris

re behind paywalloMRussian Twitter accounts posted almost 45,000 messages about Brexit in 48 hours during last year’s referendum in an apparently co-ordinated attempt to sow discord, The Times can reveal.

More than 150,000 accounts based in Russia, which had previously confined their posts to subjects such as the Ukrainian conflict, switched attention to Brexit in the days leading up to last year’s vote, according to research for an upcoming paper by data scientists at Swansea University and the University of California, Berkeley.

More behind paywall

That bastion of left wing remain type thinking - The Times

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Obviously, this never happened Boris

More behind paywall

That bastion of left wing remain type thinking - The Times

I thought Brexit was voted for by old people who should just hurry up and die     .... can't help but think Russia need to rethink their strategy a little here , next up a concerted effort by Russia to target students by spamming Saga holidays website ?

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I thought Brexit was voted for by old people who should just hurry up and die     .... can't help but think Russia need to rethink their strategy a little here , next up a concerted effort by Russia to target students by spamming Saga holidays website ?

Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here Comrade?

On 14/11/2017 at 07:47, Xann said:

Brexit are stupid. There will be a lot of anger. Some will realise they've been duped, others because we're trying to snatch away their Utopia.

They have been duped. It was an anti immigration vote more than anything - trouble I just don't see it delivering that. 

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here Comrade?

Just that they failed their target audience  if they thought they would influence Brexit via twitter  ... it's only left wing people with too much to say  that use it , not racist old people  .... they should have just taken out an advert in the Express with a picture of Princess Di saying , She'd have voted Leave  , if they wanted to influence it

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just that they failed their target audience  if they thought they would influence Brexit via twitter  ... it's only left wing people with too much to say  that use it , not racist old people  .... they should have just taken out an advert in the Express with a picture of Princess Di saying , She'd have voted Leave  , if they wanted to influence it

Lol you really are following the wrong accounts on twitter

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Missed the mark, there, Tony. Older folk sdo absolutely use Facebooks and twitters. Younger folks (apparently) are more likely to use Snapchat and all those types of things. So no.

Â