The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This ain't Morrisons first rodeo. They knew what they were doing and what their intention was. 

I am not outraged by it though, if they want to do that and they know it works for them, so be it. 

Morrisons is put in the same mental dustbin as Brexit Pub Chain, they will not get a penny off me

I mean who runs a supermarket and goes for Brexit, it's an insane position that just says "I don't know my own business"

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

Morrisons is put in the same mental dustbin as Brexit Pub Chain, they will not get a penny off me

I mean who runs a supermarket and goes for Brexit, it's an insane position that just says "I don't know my own business"

With you on all of that, punching themselves in the face and certainly the other side of the pub chain coin. 

• Like 1

This is brilliant’: Steve Bray stages toilet protest outside Cabinet Office

The anti-Brexit campaigner asked for help with a four-letter word starting with S and ending with T for his morning crossword.

a9083bf8-8cf2abac-a8c5-40ce-81f4-4a096d2

Steve Bray staged a rather unusual protest this morning as he campaigned against the recent sewage-gate scandal.

The‘Stop Brexit’ man was filmed sitting on a toilet outside the Cabinet Office doing the morning crossword.

As staff tried to remove him he asked for help with a four-letter word starting with S and ending with T.

Link

• Haha 1

I was told there would be less red tape..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-red-tape-trade-b1951627.html

Brexit swiped £17bn from UK trade with the EU in just three months as new costs and red tape punished businesses, a spending watchdog has found.

Firms also filled in an extraordinary 48 million customs declarations and 140,000 export health certificates in the eight months after the UK left the single market and customs union, the National Audit Office (NAO) finds.

Its report raises the alarm over the government shelving import controls, warning it could face action for not “complying with international trading rules” – while UK exporters are put at a “disadvantage”.

But it also warns some of 41 ports needing upgrades might not have been ready if the controls had been introduced this year and that traders will still face “significant risks” when they are.

The verdict comes as the economic damage from leaving the EU becomes clearer – after the Office for Budget Responsibility said GDP will fall by 4 per cent, twice the loss from the Covid pandemic.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

But we saved £4.2 bn in 3 months fees to the EU so it’s paid for itself basically. Well a few billion short but who’s counting.

Now the UK is down £12.8b, or £1,066,666,666 a week.

All of a sudden £350m per week seems like a very small number. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Getting Brexit done proved so electorally popular, they're going to 'get Brexit done' over and over and over again.

They bloody love Boris getting personally involved too, we’ll have that on the front of the Mail shortly no doubt

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Now the UK is down £12.8b, or £1,066,666,666 a week.

All of a sudden £350m per week seems like a very small number. 

Only if you ignore how much of that 4.2bn in membership fees would come right back to us :( 

You'd have to try very hard indeed to find any examples of a nation going so far out of their way to cause themselves harm.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Daily Heil has been turning against Johnson for a while

They’re turning on Brexit too (or at least this version of Brexit that we’ve got).

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's long been the case that the Mail will bash the Tories occasionally, it doesn't mean they are 'turning on them'. A handful of negative headlines (after genuine bad news days) do not constitute a political repositioning.

I think there's a distinction between Johnson & the Tories in General. I agree with you on the Tories but I get the impression that they have turned on Johnson himself

• Like 1

Â