The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

9 hours ago, Enda said:

The US envoy to Northern Ireland let it slip that the EU has not yet made public its cards in the event of no deal. The example he gave was, if the UK unceremoniously leave and force a border in Ireland, the EU could refuse to cooperate with the UK aviation authority.

I dunno about "not making (them) public". 'Cards' like the example given have always been there if they wanted to use them. 

That very example was discussed on this thread three years ago.

6 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I dunno about "not making (them) public". 'Cards' like the example given have always been there if they wanted to use them. 

That very example was discussed on this thread three years ago.

Big difference between the way the EU and HMG have dealt with this in public and to the news media. Maybe you disagree but I think the Commission has been very gentlemanly in public, and we can’t say that for the likes of Gove.

Being polite doesn’t mean they don’t have big cards in reserve. Agreed it’s been obvious to smart observers, just might not have been apparent to Joe Public.

Just now, Davkaus said:

So what's the backup plan to pretending we can just ignore the GFA? :) 

I think the plan will be resume the talks, say nice comforting friendly things to the EU and get the best deal we can.

Then go outside, stand on the steps and announce to the press we’ve won.

• Haha 2

On 06/11/2020 at 15:52, Genie said:

This does complete the bingo card of the Brexit campaign getting absolutely everything wrong

5-A5-B76-AF-D8-B8-4-F49-9368-8-A245-FC9-

This needs to be in here.

How the traitors misled the nation.

JRM will be moving his money abroad, leaving the PAYE and self employed taxpayers of the UK to the tax hikes to cover the cost of Covid.

That's what you voted for, Brexit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think the plan will be resume the talks, say nice comforting friendly things to the EU and get the best deal we can.

Then go outside, stand on the steps and announce to the press we’ve won.

Boris set a deadline of October 15th. He’d never change his mind would he?

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

He wakes up in the morning and just wants a stupid thumbs up photo opportunity, a shag with someone he doesn’t live with, and a chance to make some money for himself and his chums.

I am not being funny here,  are you talking about Scooby Doo ?

Scooby Doo and Shaggy Thumbs Up Wall Mural - 210cm x 175cm: Amazon.co.uk:  Kitchen & Home

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am not being funny here,  are you talking about Scooby Doo ?

Scooby Doo and Shaggy Thumbs Up Wall Mural - 210cm x 175cm: Amazon.co.uk:  Kitchen & Home

Basically, yes.

But the Scooby we’d have had if Ken Loach had been in charge of Hanna Barbera.

• Haha 1

That Japan Uk Trade Deal....

Brexit: Liz Truss secures tariff wins with her Japan trade deal – for products UK doesn’t export

... Just 10 of 9,444 products will enjoy lower taxes, experts say, a list of obscure items such as birds’ eggs, raw hides, fur skins, handbags and ultra-strong spirits of at least 90 per cent alcohol.

Crucially, none of the 10 have been sold to Japan for at least three years – which means the gain to British exporters is “zero”, the study has found...

Indie

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like between 100 and 200 more jobs from here are heading to Ireland.

Lost count of how many positions have gone to the US, Spain and Portugal already.

What an absolute shitshow.

Time to get angry with the conmen, isn't it Brexit?

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

A month and a half left. Shouldn’t we have some indication by now where this Brexit thing is headed?

Maybe I’m reading too much into the snippets we’ve been shown but it seems both parties are nudging closer. The fact that Barnier and co have come to London is telling in itself.

It sounds like a compromise on fishing is close. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Shouldn’t we have some indication by now where this Brexit thing is headed?

Oh, we do. We've known all along that it's heading towards the UK being much worse off in every respect. There are no upsides and many downsides.

Next question please.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

A month and a half left. Shouldn’t we have some indication by now where this Brexit thing is headed?

There’s an advert on the TV every evening, advising businesses to get ready for the changes.

Now admittedly the advert gives no indication what those changes might be or how you might get ready for them in any practical clear manner. But you’re an adult, were you hoping someone would spoon feed you?

• Haha 1

Â