The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Yep, we’re gonna have to agree to disagree on this one @blandy we’re in very different places and I really can’t see your argument against my argument!

But that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things does it. Keeps it all interesting. All good and I’m still looking forward to the Independent Republican Jamahiriya of Barry Osland.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Liz Truss is talking about scrapping the NI protocol and allowing free movement of goods from/to GB.

I’d be more worried about violence than the inevitable EU trade war.

Tories backing their mates in NI, except this time their mates are now a minority. They’ll never bloody learn.

• Like 1

The throbbers will absolute LOVE “us” sticking it to the EU like that. It’ll probably be an election pledge. 

What about the violence? Don’t care, we told the EU its our way or the highway *waves huge flag aggressively*

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

But that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things does it. Keeps it all interesting. All good and I’m still looking forward to the Independent Republican Jamahiriya of Barry Osland.

Splitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Splitter.

Oh you have no idea!

When I was in school on the osland there weren’t enough boys for us to have our own football team. Nine of us, but we still managed to split in to two rival gangs.

Side note: long after I’d sort of grown up, the four guys in the rival gang, self styled with their own calling cards as the Barry Island Republican Army, were still at it and were stopped by the police and found to be in possession of a crate of Molotov cocktails. When asked what they were going to do with them, they were so off their tits they answered quite honestly ‘we’re going to blow up Butlins’. True story dat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh you have no idea!

When I was in school on the osland there weren’t enough boys for us to have our own football team. Nine of us, but we still managed to split in to two rival gangs.

Side note: long after I’d sort of grown up, the four guys in the rival gang, self styled with their own calling cards as the Barry Island Republican Army, were still at it and were stopped by the police and found to be in possession of a crate of Molotov cocktails. When asked what they were going to do with them, they were so off their tits they answered quite honestly ‘we’re going to blow up Butlins’. True story dat.

Christ, what year was this?  I was there in about 1983.   I mean, the place would have been improved immensely by a few well placed Molotov's but not at the expense of my Pin Stripe Jeans and Lacoste T-shit please.

Edited by sidcow

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Christ, what year was this?  I was there in about 1983.   I mean, the place would have been improved immensely by a few well placed Molotov's but not at the expense of my Pin Stripe Jeans and Lacoste T-shit please.

Well they had a car, so yeah it would have been around 83 to 85.

They were a salty bunch, the one guy put himself in hospital and blew the back off his nan’s house experimenting with stuff like that. Same guy later ended up in prison for football violence. When I post a photo of the osland every now and again, you can see his house on the hill on the old Butlins site. To my knowledge he hasn’t blown anything up in years.

For clarity, I was in the other gang. We liked paisley scarves and did a lot of interpretive dance.

• Haha 2

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I always thought the Irish and the French were devious, but I never thought they’d stoop so low as to deliberately stick to signed international agreements.

In fairness to Boris Johnson, they are probably being applied in a way that they expected.

How was Boris Johnson to know that the repercussions of his own campaign to leave the EU and his own “deal” would be applied in a way that caused issues? Someone should have piped up sooner. He can’t do it all by himself. All 5 parties in Northern Ireland agreed it was shit, I hope he told them it’s a bit late now to start complaining.

• Like 3

Â