Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Anyone remember being at that Liverpool game in the Houllier season? Last game of the season, and we actually beat them 1-0.

But the overriding memory was basically the whole crowd, for the last 15-20 minutes, not giving one flying **** about what was going on on the pitch. Everyone was chanting and celebrating about Blues going down.

I know that's a bit small time, but it was hilarious at the time.

That's what I have in my head for the Chelsea game. Bedlam in the stands, but none of it to do with what is happening on the pitch (assuming we are inevitably losing by at least 2 clear goals). I think the ideas the OTD crew are mooting here will go a long way to creating that sort of atmosphere. Nothing nasty as such, just unified chanting and partying, with nobody paying much attention to the football.

Like a post wrestlemania Raw crowd? That would be awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hughes said:

How are the banners being brought into the stands?  Will they not be stopped and taken away at the gates? 

This is the kind of thing we will need to think about and the sort of information/help we will be providing as we go along. We are also looking into something we can provide to those who don't want to bring their own, similar to the £ protest. 

Undoubtedly the club will be watching this one. However, more fool them if they think it wise to stop this. They will have a right mess on their hands if they do. This is still peaceful protest, the crowd will likely go into full on revolt if they do try to stop people having their say in such a way and we certainly do not want that to happen. 

I should point out that we do not in any way endorsing offensive material. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

If Blackburn can sneak a chicken in, we should be able to get a few banners passed the gates.

If they don't let us bring peacefull protest in, I see no other option but to look to flares, beach balls or tennis balls. All are easy to hide and get in the park.

I hate resorting to that kind of protest, but if the club give us no choice..

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-group-launch-11039204

Also, Marky Mark is on Radio WM at 5.30pm if you guys fancy a listen. We will of course post it up again when available too, but he's much sexier live. 

Mark is on from 01:39:20: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03l4sc5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is the kind of thing we will need to think about and the sort of information/help we will be providing as we go along.

This is still peaceful protest.

Hmmm s peaceful protest that has to consider how to break rules before you even get into the stand.

Then if the authorities try to enforce the rules, there will be a massive revolt.

Yeah. Really peaceful.

Glad I'm not going. Not least for the football but also so I'm not in the slightest bit involved in this nonsense.

Never agreed with it but it's gone from being a bit pointless to damn right immature and irresponsible. All via postponing the whole thing.

Fickle and ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Hmmm s peaceful protest that has to consider how to break rules before you even get into the stand.

Then if the authorities try to enforce the rules, there will be a massive revolt.

Yeah. Really peaceful.

Glad I'm not going. Not least for the football but also so I'm not in the slightest bit involved in this nonsense.

Never agreed with it but it's gone from being a bit pointless to damn right immature and irresponsible. All via postponing the whole thing.

Fickle and ridiculous.

See ya then.

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Villa is becoming more and more like Beijing every weekend

Freedom of expression not allowed i'm afraid

I liked the Charlton fans bringing North Korea flags to the game yesterday

• Like 1

I'm all for banners, but the main action has to be walking out on 74mins. That's the name of the group all momentum that was lost with postponing will be compounded by mixing the message now. Banners chants etc it's all ancillary the core focus has to be out the door on 74 it's simple and visible that's why it worked before, keep it simple otherwise it will be a mess. You'll get camera footage of the stands emptying that's perfect if a planned walkout gathers headlines beforehand because the game will be over by then it give the commentary team 16nins to talk about it

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Yeah. Really peaceful.

Fickle and ridiculous.

Fickle suggests impulsive and irrational motivation. I think Villa fans have shown incredible patience over the last five years, (much more than that, really) and have earned the right to have our voices heard, especially now that the Villa brass view it's "customers" as the enemy. 

Banners and a walkout are pretty tame considering the circumstances.

What about throwing on to the pitch anything given free to you during Randy Lerner's time at the club? Including the flags from semi finals? 

Could also throw any shirts bought during his reign, I'm guessing the club will wash and resell them in order to by a player or two so it would also be a worthy cause. 

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

I think the main thing has to be walking out again tbh. Not sure the banner thing will work as well

You may as well protest by having a pie at half time. Fans walking out 15 minutes before the end when their team is bottom of the league and being thrashed again ? That is what normally happens so where is the impact ? Stay and protest - don't leave in protest - that will hurt nobody and just makes the fans look bad !

Â