Keinan Davis

a-k

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We could get a proven manager :flag:

We could but wasn't the strategy to get an unproven one and take the risk that he can work out? I assume we will give him some time to do this and if he fails we will sack him

Would a loan not suit both parties better? 

We'd get to see what a season of playing regular prem football does to him and forest are free to improve the squad in other areas. 

We're not desperate for 10 - 15 million.

It’s very likely that this is the most we’ll ever get for him and the upside of a loan is realistically very small. 

Quite frankly I’d be shocked if it’s anything other than a sale and it may be dragged out ala Mings to get the best possible deal. 

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

at least we know he won’t score unlike other ex Villa players, that’s the upside!

He'll score three goals a season and two will be against us.  The new Shane Long.... 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Honestly, that's a bloke that's finally enjoying his football. If the money is in the right ballpark, he deserves this move. Good luck to him.

Absolutely. After the game, he was doing the whole hitting the Forest badge on his shirt thing. He’s enjoying his football and I imagine he wants to stay at Forest. 

Keinan looks more at home there i think. We never use to see this side of his personality at villa. He seems to like being the "big personality and star player"

I think its a perfect fit for all parties. If forest go down keinan gets them back again

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We'd get to see what a season of playing regular prem football does to him and forest are free to improve the squad in other areas. 

It’s profit though, £10m and a £18m buyback clause sounds reasonable.

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Would u pay 10m to 15m for him in this window?

I think if there's a buy back clause it would have to be high to make the deal attractive to Forest, something like double what he'd cost Forest in the place so  if we were to activate it at least they would make a decent profit, and we would know that if Davis did so well that we wanted him back then we would be happy to pay the clause, because in that scenario it will have meant he will have become worth more than the buyback clause.

He might not improve to that extent but would be a good insure policy, Liverpool did similar when they sold Brewster.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He'll go for between 5-10m, he's not worth 10m+ even to Forest

I agree, but some people think we should hold onto him unless we get 15m/20m. 15m on our profit accounts make a huge difference to us. That gives us a potential 60m in FFP transfer fee allowance in the next 3 years. I would be madness not to keep him. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Nope. But 12 months of regular Premier league football might make me do it next summer. 

If we wouldn't pay that amount for him then it makes zero logic to not sell him for that amount. A sale of 15m would be 15m profit. A purchase of 15m would only be a little less than 4m of a loss this year (but another 4m loss each of the next 4 years). 

Edit: If 12 months out on loan may improve him then why would u not want to purchase him and send him out on loan to be able to realise the same 'profit/benefit' as we would by keeping him? It would be a crazy speculative risk of 15m when just about all the signs suggest it won't pay off. We need to manage the business aspect of Villa well, and not selling Davis when he is clearly not in our plans would be bad business, particularly so, as Davis in potentially currently at his highest valuation he will ever be at

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Confused 1

He’s a good Championship striker. He’s not getting minutes for a side with Danny Ings on the bench.

We should let him go, for as much as we can get for him, which is probably £7m or thereabouts.

21 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If we wouldn't pay that amount for him then it makes zero logic to not sell him for that amount. A sale of 15m would be 15m profit. A purchase of 15m would only be a little less than 4m of a loss this year (but another 4m loss each of the next 4 years). 

Edit: If 12 months out on loan may improve him then why would u not want to purchase him and send him out on loan to be able to realise the same 'profit/benefit' as we would by keeping him? It would be a crazy speculative risk of 15m when just about all the signs suggest it won't pay off. We need to manage the business aspect of Villa well, and not selling Davis when he is clearly not in our plans would be bad business, particularly so, as Davis in potentially currently at his highest valuation he will ever be at

Or potentially after a successful year helping forest stay up and proving he's a prem player he'd be worth even more money or worth keeping in our squad as we look to challenge for multiple cups and potentially Europe. 

Â