Keinan Davis

a-k

Just now, TRO said:

At the top level, its more than just looking like  an adonis, and I appreciate he has good feet......but the top dogs are cute, and wily old foxes, who get in to positions with stealth.....I don't have to name names, but we see Son and Kane and Vardy as old as he is, ....These guys are highly intelligent football brains, who know when to go and read the game.....thats the level we have to embrace now.

Its no good just being a good player.....we are fighting for places amongst elite players......thats the territory, we are trying to crack.

Its more than just athleticism, its ball control, game intelligence and a nose for goal.......What we are looking for is prolific strikers.....a goal every 2 games, merchants.

Yep and players that want to be here. Keinan looks at home at Forest.  And after spending 5 years with us and then finally getting game time, i think that him going there will make sense ..

still think theres a player there, but it will be for Forest now. Grabban's 34 now so they are in even more need of Davis .

£15 mill and Cam Archer on loan to them for the season would be perfect. 

If we want to shed our snake skin of mediocrity, we have to be ruthless, in our pursuit of the elite.....The teams around us will be on to it....we must be too.

We finished 14th in the league and unless we court players with a higher level of mentality to win games, we will be back here again, next season........good footballers, with a nice touch and not much else, will be left behind......we need that and more.

Our journey, has always been one of progress, and last season, we took a year out, with losing our best player and change of manager and losing our assistant manager and defensive coach......That disruption is tangible, but the owners will not tolerate that again.

This coming season, will require a rethink from some of us,( fans) and this nice guy syndrome, is all very embracing, but it also needs a hard edge to go with it.

We all watch the teams who finished above us, and you would have to be a blind man, not to see some of the reasons why they did......I'm pretty sure,SG has....judging by the standard of player so far coming in, it seems, he has....and the pursuit is welcome.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep and players that want to be here. Keinan looks at home at Forest.  And after spending 5 years with us and then finally getting game time, i think that him going there will make sense ..

still think theres a player there, but it will be for Forest now. Grabban's 34 now so they are in even more need of Davis .

£15 mill and Cam Archer on loan to them for the season would be perfect. 

If it was a popularity parade, he would be staying with us......but its not.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

If it was a popularity parade, he would be staying with us......but its not.

I agree. Theres going to be lots of unpopular decisions made by our board in the years to come with regards to selling academy players. Most will not make it . Even ones that would have made it 5 years ago , will now not be good enough to take us where we need to go. Its a shame,  but also necessary . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I agree. Theres going to be lots of unpopular decisions made by our board in the years to come with regards to selling academy players. Most will not make it . Even ones that would have made it 5 years ago , will now not be good enough to take us where we need to go. Its a shame,  but also necessary . 

You are right

We need to adjust our thinking slightly...To where this club wants to go....To get in to the top half, there will be casualties, and some folk will be miffed....Teams like Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea  and Spurs, there fans are hardened to this....if we want to joining them we have to be too.

Academy players will become harder to get through, such are the standards required.

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah I'd hate to sign an elite goalscorer.

This thread is mental.

Roma fans have many complaints about Tammy.

Looking at that one column on his Wikipedia page doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

We finished 14th in the league and unless we court players with a higher level of mentality to win games, we will be back here again, next season........good footballers, with a nice touch and not much else, will be left behind......we need that and more.

We could get a proven manager :flag:

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We could get a proven manager :flag:

Yeah, Everton said that with Ancellotti.......They forgot to get the players to go with it/him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

can't begrudge him this move if he wants to go. What a story! the ex trainee barber from biggleswade town leading the line for forest as their CF on their return to the premier league! Not many people can say they have played upfront for 2 old school clubs with 3 european cups between them!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm shocked there's talk of £15m and there are actual Villa fans who are like "hmm not sure, maybe we should use him properly"

I like Keinan, but it's highly unlikely he will ever score anywhere near enough goals to play centre forward for a club who want to be in Europe. That's if he even stayed fit for long enough. Maybe, and I mean *maybe* he could get there one day, but he would have to play week in, week out to find it. So think long and hard, do you really want him leading the line next season? Or even as 3rd choice? What about 4th choice? Or what about £15m towards somebody who has a better chance of being a difference maker?

Bananas question. Take the money. 

Has anyone actually said that? From what I've seen it's some people saying "bite their hand off for anything over £5m" and most other people agreeing that £15m would be a good deal for all, he's a good player who will likely never reach his potential at Villa as we've got better already and are likely looking to improve further

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Honestly, that's a bloke that's finally enjoying his football. If the money is in the right ballpark, he deserves this move. Good luck to him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

At the top level, its more than just looking like  an adonis, and I appreciate he has good feet......but the top dogs are cute, and wily old foxes, who get in to positions with stealth.....I don't have to name names, but we see Son and Kane and Vardy as old as he is

Not that I strongly disagree with your points but plenty on here say “he’s 24 so he won’t improve” when Vardy, per your example, was playing for Halifax Town at 24 hoping his transfer to Fleetwood went through. Not that I think Keinan will have the upward curve Vardy did…

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don’t think it actually needs to be unpopular if they make a little money. If we sell Keinan for even a few million that’s the way to do it - I think we were all sick of seeing the likes of Enda Stevens, Barry Bannan, Callum Robinson who have forged decent Championship careers leave for nothing. 

Â