Keinan Davis

a-k

There are 2 sides to an argument which have both been very well articulated on the previous page. 

Yes Bruce had few options up front, so went with Davis, but Davis took his chance and has continued to impress. I would personally say the one deserving of praise is the young lad taking his chance. Our scouts have also done well to find him and Bruce did well to pick him ahead of other forwards in the academy or a host of midfielders he could have pushed forward for a game or two. 

The team is winning every week and looking more settled and more convincing. I no longer fear the next capitulation, I actually have confidence now going into October. Davis is a big part of that and I'm very pleased to see us bringing through players that can be part of the squad for years to come.

His story is similar, in my view, to Rashford. Van Gaal short of options up front, plumps for a kid very few had heard of who hadn't even made the bench in a competitive match or have a squad number. Now he's an important part of a very strong Man Utd squad. I don't know if Davis will reach those heights but time is on his side. For the next few years I think the focus for him and all our youngsters is regular games, I'd like to see a few go out on loan in January if they are down the pecking order, it looks as though we have a real promising group of players and it would be brilliant to see a squad filled out with graduates instead of overpaid overpriced squad players 

• Like 2

Also I'd like to add that Bruce has been picking him ahead of Hepburn-Murphy ever since he got here. Whether that was as a punishment to RHM for not signing a new deal, or because the staff have seen more in Davis than RHM throughout the last year, I couldn't say for sure. But to me it seems more likely than the contract thing I remember a few suggesting at the time. 

15 hours ago, soezetoc said:

Have seen that from a couple of different sites that Keinan is injured.

Can anybody shed any light on this please. 

If that's true you couldn't it up, only 2 positions we don't have cover for and they are both out together. Talk about bad luck! 

Yes he is fit only injuries are jedinak gabby Andre Green Lansbury and Grealish (last two in training so not far off) all others fit for today. Of course Taylor suspended so hopefully same team bar Taylor . 

Edited by nazvfc

2 hours ago, nazvfc said:

Yes he is fit only injuries are jedinak gabby Andre Green Lansbury and Grealish (last two in training so not far off) all others fit for today. Of course Taylor suspended so hopefully same team bar Taylor . 

BBC reported earlier that Davis would have a late fitness test. 

I have recently qualified as Freelance Professional Scout and Match Opposition Analyst. I have been speaking to some guys on linkedin regarding players from Cat C clubs being released and Cat A clubs signing them.

I mentioned Davis in the long conversation with many others and about  Stevenage releasing him and we picked him up via Biggleswade Town not long after.

Another scout said that he knows the people at Stevenage and that guy called Darren was told to release him by then Stevenage manager Graham Westley., Westley felt he didn't want a striker in the mould of Davis and he didn't fit their profile.

Graham Westley is currently unemployed and in last few jobs has very low win-rate :)

Edited by Villan4Life

22 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Was I the only one who heard in the commentary on today's game that he's signed a new contract ? 

Perhaps I was hearing things ??

It was mentioned that he had signed up along with other promising youngsters in the article about O’Hare signing a new contract.

However, I have seen no official confirmation or report anywhere else on the web, so I think that was a mid-type in the O’Hare article. Most recent report on google says about him rejecting the first offer earlier this month. So I would say his deal is still in the negotiation stages.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The scum think that Man U have put  a 5 mil bid for him and that has been turned down. I hope that is a load of rubbish.

A 19yr old for £5m doesn't sound like a Mourinho signing at all. 

Â