Keinan Davis

a-k

He was worth at least ten million before he even went to Forest, he's now worth more. i wouldn't be surprised if another premier league club came in for him, he might even come back as our third choice striker, as I can see Archer going back out on loan next season.

Edited by useless
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, useless said:

He was worth at least ten million before he even went to Forest, he's now worth more. i wouldn't be surprised if another premier league club came in for him, he might even come back as our third choice striker, as I can see Archer going back out on loan next season.

He may be worth £10m at the end of the season if he continues his form but he wasn’t before then because of injury record, his incredibly poor goal scoring record, his overall game time until he’s now 24 years old.  Teams would’ve being taking a punt on him then and £10m for most Championship clubs is out of their reach and PL have far better alternatives from abroad without the PL premiums.  His form at Forest will have him some more Championship admirers but £10m is still pushing it.  He’ll only come back to Villa as likely 4th choice striker if a deal can’t be made which is unlikely now because Villa will try to get him off our books to add money to the kitty and space in the squad.

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

He will go for about 4-5m + add ons for goals/promotion at best.

Not sure if people are being serious with the figures here but you can count on one hand how many players were purchased last season in the Championship for more than 7m.  9 clubs did not spend a single penny. 

I live in Nottingham and play football on Tuesday nights with a bunch of Forest fans - invariably we talk about Keinan.  Conversation has definitely moved to how much he'd cost - they'd love to buy him...

...but there's not a chance he's going to Forest for £10m+.  I imagine, as you say, we'd look for £4-5m for him and they'd probably go for that.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

He will go for about 4-5m + add ons for goals/promotion at best.

Not sure if people are being serious with the figures here but you can count on one hand how many players were purchased last season in the Championship for more than 7m.  9 clubs did not spend a single penny. 

That’s the most reasonable summary I’ve read, he won’t be sold for anything above £5m. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, nick76 said:

Probably a joke but if not there is a major difference between thinking he’s not good enough for us and disliking him.  

I’d love for him to shove my words down my mouth but too many times we hang on to players too long that aren’t good enough.  

Once in a blue moon does that come back to haunt us like a Gary Cahill but Keinan Davis won’t be one of those times.

Yh it was tongue in cheek mate, but I’m glad you picked up it was directed at you 😂

I honestly don’t think any one of us ‘hates’ any villa player.  Varied opinions are what makes any forum worthwhile, and I respect your opinion.  I also have to admit that your forecast of Davis’ future being away from villa park, and him finding his level in the championship are significantly closer to being on point than my wish for him being given a decent run with us to show what he can do.

Truth be told proven Premier league goal-scorer Ings and 30 goal championship striker Watkins aren’t at the level where we are aiming for, so Davis returning as some sort of messiah from his loan from Forest is pie in the sky stuff.

I think he provides a different kind of problem for defences, and he may have a small role to play from that point of view, but that’s about it.

However, I do think there is more to his game than what you give him credit for - but I don’t think you hate him at all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Who had scored 26 goals that season 

Yea great season from him , scored 45 in 132 appearances for Brentford , some from the wing , it think. Compare that to Davies who has 4 in 10,  if he can keep that up he won't be far off Ollie's record. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Yea great season from him , scored 45 in 132 appearances for Brentford , some from the wing , it think. Compare that to Davies who has 4 in 10,  if he can keep that up he won't be far off Ollie's record. 

And he has so much to his game too.  I really want him to succeed with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

You’re comparing 4 in 10 to 45 in 132…are you serious?

Heck. Get him in the world cup squad. Tell me what other striker in this country can bring what he can bring.

No like for like replacements. No systems and principles and philosophy and continue to play the way you've trained.

Plan B. We can neither hold the ball or our attack is breaking down.

Get it forward. Rough them up. Low block. Get it around him. Watch him wreak havoc.  Get it around his feet and his chest. Play off him. Valuable seconds to get the team up the pitch.

If Keinan had played against Italy we'd have held out I'm telling you.

I'm only half joking tbfh. If he stays fit and no reason why he can't kick on with games he'd be a valuable valuable asset. Just don't bring on him for 8 minutes every month and lose your shit when he doesn't bag .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Heck. Get him in the world cup squad. Tell me what other striker in this country can bring what he can bring.

No like for like replacements. No systems and principles and philosophy and continue to play the way you've trained.

Plan B. We can neither hold the ball or our attack is breaking down.

Get it forward. Rough them up. Low block. Get it around him. Watch him wreak havoc.  Get it around his feet and his chest. Play off him. Valuable seconds to get the team up the pitch.

If Keinan had played against Italy we'd have held out I'm telling you.

I'm only half joking tbfh. If he stays fit and no reason why he can't kick on with games he'd be a valuable valuable asset. Just don't bring on him for 8 minutes every month and lose your shit when he doesn't bag .

If Gareth sees how well he can defend corners there's always a chance 

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If Gareth sees how well he can defend corners there's always a chance 

Tell Gareth he’s a right back and he’ll definitely be in the squad!

• Like 1

Â