Keinan Davis

a-k

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I am one of Davis' biggest critics, the idea that he can ever be a Premier League footballer is laughable to me. However, I watched today and he didnt have a bad game or anything, yes he was a nuisance and he even held the ball up reasonably well. You can't say he was embarrassing or anything...

BUT, I'm afraid my view hasn't changed. He doesn't offer anything other than being physical. He doesn't put himself in the right positions, he doesnt play the right balls, he makes the wrong runs. I really doubt he'll score many goals at Championship level. He won't get many assists, he's hot-headed and he's injury prone. Today, he was largely ineffective but didn't hinder Forest as his role was as outlet. Put him in a game where they are being a lot more attacking and his deficiencies become even more apparent.

Being a nuisance, and holding the ball up does not make a footballer. He's miles off that and even today's game demonstrated it's the absolute basics that he struggles with. I get the feeling he's relied so long on his physicality that he has no clue what to do against players with any positional sense and he then just has to go looking for the ball in dead areas and playing short passes to midfielders. And we all know his finishing skills are awful.

So what level is he? As a striker, League One. Maybe not even that. OR, is it worth reviewing his position? Big, physical with a bit of pace when needed, that's old school CB. Again, not Premier League in a million years but maybe Championship. I could see him being similar to Hause who is also that level.

As a striker... The game has moved on in the last twenty years since the big physical striker was effective - you need so so much more than that.

Like...... Lukaku,Haaland, Giroud,Dzeko.

What he lacks is intelligent movement to get on the end of balls....he wouldn't have scored the Grabban goal, like that, he wouldn't have stretched for it.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

You have a fair point apart his name being Louie not Louis but on the same note one is 18, the other turns 24 next month.  

Also most of us wished him good luck and only commented later.  

Secondly we comment on all our players for every game when they play in Villa colours so why not when they are on loan.

Thirdly we do comment on loan players games like we did for KKH in what it turned out to be his last game on loan for Swindon the other day.

Fourthly I guess more loan players would get commented on more regularly if their games were on tv but because they are loaned to lower league teams they aren’t on tv often so we aren’t able to see them playing so can’t have an opinion.

Louie | Loise | Luay | Luigi ... either way, I just threw Barry out there as an example, not to knock him.

My issue is the glee it seems some of you almost get out of him not scoring and/or failing.

If he was a bad kid, with a bad attitude who hadn't had difficulties also contribute to his plight i'd be more inclined to get it.

You wouldn't even jump on the back of a new signing with a big reputation for us, if he's only been here 5 minutes and was on his first start.

You're not fooling me by trying to pretend that any sort of " balanced " intention or commentary could be made given the surrounding circumstances. lol

It's like Coutinho coming here, showing flashes but ultimately flattering to deceive over 60 minutes in his first start, then we bring on El Ghazi and he plays very well and scores and/or assists. Do we then say that El Ghazi is the real deal and Coutinho is a dud, or do we consider the circumstances ?

Although thats a shit example because a mate of mine who is a Barca fan actually did thank me for getting them off their books. lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Louie | Loise | Luay | Luigi ... either way, I just threw Barry out there as an example, not to knock him.

My issue is the glee it seems some of you almost get out of him not scoring and/or failing.

If he was a bad kid, with a bad attitude who hadn't had difficulties also contribute to his plight i'd be more inclined to get it.

You wouldn't even jump on the back of a new signing with a big reputation for us, if he's only been here 5 minutes and was on his first start.

You're not fooling me by trying to pretend that any sort of " balanced " intention or commentary could be made given the surrounding circumstances. lol

It's like Coutinho coming here, showing flashes but ultimately flattering to deceive over 60 minutes in his first start, then we bring on El Ghazi and he plays very well and scores and/or assists. Do we then say that El Ghazi is the real deal and Coutinho is a dud, or do we consider the circumstances ?

Although thats a shit example because a mate of mine who is a Barca fan actually did thank me for getting them off their books. lol 

Mate, you’re making a number of flawed arguments, bad examples and a lot of assumptions.  

Yes, I’m not a big fan of Davis, yes I think his level is not PL level or close to it and I’ve been honest with it.  I have though wished him well on his loan, wished him well at the beginning of the game and maybe slightly over critical of him latter on.

On the same note you are probably over defending him, forgiving his issues that you wouldn’t forgive other players.  It’s not as if this is one game but we’ve seen this for years with Davis and the same defence by some has been put up game after game, it’s laughable.

I comment on all our players, game by game when I watch them and will continue on them and Davis.  Some comments you’ll agree with, some you won’t.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mate, you’re making a number of flawed arguments, bad examples and a lot of assumptions.  

Yes, I’m not a big fan of Davis, yes I think his level is not PL level or close to it and I’ve been honest with it.  I have though wished him well on his loan, wished him well at the beginning of the game and maybe slightly over critical of him latter on.

On the same note you are probably over defending him, forgiving his issues that you wouldn’t forgive other players.  It’s not as if this is one game but we’ve seen this for years with Davis and the same defence by some has been put up game after game, it’s laughable.

I comment on all our players, game by game when I watch them and will continue on them and Davis.  Some comments you’ll agree with, some you won’t.  

I can possibly admit to the bit in bold. When I like players as lads I'm quite defensive of them. I was the same with the likes of Gabby when everyone was laying into him non stop. Wesley etc as well. Oh well.

In truth though, I still don't think Keinan is anywhere near as bad as people make out.

anyway, we've got better things to discuss and argue about in the transfer threads. UTV. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Got chance to see the last seventy minutes of the Forrest Gunners game last night. Watched Davis to see what the fuss was about.

I must admit I was singularly unimpressed.  For the odd sprint he was quick enough. On a press, not that seemed a major part of Forrest's plan, he would jog over to where his man had the ball. The two or perhaps three attempts to get around the defence did not go anywhere. Some neat passing in attack. Generally, he marked open space really well in defence. 

When Grabban came on, there appeared to be more activity in that position.

The Middlesbrough loanee's (Spence) skills were easy on the eye

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

Got chance to see the last seventy minutes of the Forrest Gunners game last night. Watched Davis to see what the fuss was about.

I must admit I was singularly unimpressed.  For the odd sprint he was quick enough. On a press, not that seemed a major part of Forrest's plan, he would jog over tow where his man had the ball. The two or perhaps three attempts to get around the defence did not go anywhere. Some neat passing in attack. Generally, he marked open space really well in defence. 

When Grabban came on, there appeared to be more activity in that position.

The Middlesbrough loanee's (Spence) skills were easy on the eye

As a squad player to get us this far he has been ineffective or injured, just hope he does enough to earn a move because he will not get near the 18 if he does come back.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

As a squad player to get us this far he has been ineffective or injured, just hope he does enough to earn a move because he will not get near the 18 if he does come back.

Yeah, based on the half hour or so Davis's play I saw last night, it was very casual. It was almost as though Davis was saving himself for the next match. I completely understood the manager subbing Davis off. To me he seemed the weakest player on the pitch. 

• Like 1

i dont think he is good enough for where we want to be, but i am hoping he does well so he can get himself a good move and make us some cash, some comments from his game today (Milwall 0 - 1 Forest), Davis started, was subbed on 72mins.

the below is from the Nottingham Forest Fan Forum.

image.png.2fe86f3d4106ae2e1c46d55a4d08c45e.png

image.thumb.png.f34b038ce897d0246fd31c6c9cba175e.png

image.png.e2462054f7c8e828f119056c42282c0e.png

image.png.b5fcccbc0c45a9b100f455068f8e7343.png

image.png.b2f2c8be416e445c1564483645c7668e.png

image.thumb.png.476af07d295b4120075a908373d2c965.png

image.png.b10cafd0aece49a92f8f4c1d397170ab.png

image.png.3cae515c35acb54c7f205b11bdee1ab8.png

image.png.f58eebc6549785825927841d81643ca9.png

image.thumb.png.f1c85a195a570fdc1bbafb3c401e0996.png

image.thumb.png.3414e109cf80b03365580baeb97bee3e.png

image.thumb.png.db0e361f50ddcdb54299f536486c5b2d.png

image.png.9ac855114bef21114f71125637185968.png

image.png.821494b8c2fd1b0a436bbcedb9e8b630.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think he is good enough for where we want to be, but i am hoping he does well so he can get himself a good move and make us some cash, some comments from his game today (Milwall 0 - 1 Forest), Davis started, was subbed on 72mins.

image.png.2fe86f3d4106ae2e1c46d55a4d08c45e.png

image.thumb.png.f34b038ce897d0246fd31c6c9cba175e.png

image.png.e2462054f7c8e828f119056c42282c0e.png

image.png.b5fcccbc0c45a9b100f455068f8e7343.png

image.png.b2f2c8be416e445c1564483645c7668e.png

image.thumb.png.476af07d295b4120075a908373d2c965.png

image.png.b10cafd0aece49a92f8f4c1d397170ab.png

image.png.3cae515c35acb54c7f205b11bdee1ab8.png

image.png.f58eebc6549785825927841d81643ca9.png

image.thumb.png.f1c85a195a570fdc1bbafb3c401e0996.png

image.thumb.png.3414e109cf80b03365580baeb97bee3e.png

image.thumb.png.db0e361f50ddcdb54299f536486c5b2d.png

image.png.9ac855114bef21114f71125637185968.png

image.png.821494b8c2fd1b0a436bbcedb9e8b630.png

Worse than the shirt is that chant. Wtf

• Haha 1

I really rate him. Wish him the best. Not sure if he’ll be able to be part of a team that want to be a regular top half. But I won’t say he can’t make it at PL level. Seen a lot of worse players which have been playing regularly at this level. What he didn’t have with us is regular game time. Especially when the likes of Samatta/Wesley played instead of him. 

• Like 1

Â