Mathieu Debuchy

VillaChris

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

We have been after him since start of January, for me it looks like he is waiting for somebody else to come in for him

with the possition we are in you can't really blame him for looking at other options can you?

I really couldn't care less if he can cross a ball. He's a defender..... I hope he can bloody defend. 

Well considering he has over 20 caps for one the best International teams in the world I would assume he can defend. 

Glen Johnson says hi...

No wait...

• Like 2

£1M for six months of a player who has barely kicked a bill in 18 months. If Arsenal are holding out for that then we can imagine we are also getting **** on the wages too. So £2.5m the total cost of this deal?

Coupled with the fact we are already down and should be cutting our cloth accordingly.

What a momumental waste of money.

Disagree sorry Rodders - loan deals are pence in comparison - we get a player we couldn't afford outright (he cost Arsenal £12m didn't he??) - who improves us - and we don't get the fat contract around our neck when the inevitable happens.

That's absolutely perfect planning imo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

Disagree sorry Rodders - loan deals are pence in comparison - we get a player we couldn't afford outright (he cost Arsenal £12m didn't he??) - who improves us - and we don't get the fat contract around our neck when the inevitable happens.

That's absolutely perfect planning imo.

Perfect planning would be not leaving ourselves in this situation. It is money out the door that we will never see again or recoup. See Ilori.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£1M for six months of a player who has barely kicked a bill in 18 months. If Arsenal are holding out for that then we can imagine we are also getting **** on the wages too. So £2.5m the total cost of this deal?

Coupled with the fact we are already down and should be cutting our cloth accordingly.

What a momumental waste of money.

So, so wrong.

If we are to have any chance of staying up, loan deals for more expensive players are obviously the way forward.  We don't get lumbered with their wages after the season ends and the relative cost (let's say £2.5m) is way cheaper than anyone we'd be able to purchase of the same quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

So, so wrong.

If we are to have any chance of staying up, loan deals for more expensive players are obviously the way forward.  We don't get lumbered with their wages after the season ends and the relative cost (let's say £2.5m) is way cheaper than anyone we'd be able to purchase of the same quality.

We won't be staying up, and Debuchy certainly wouldn't be the difference between going down and survival.

Also 2.5m is a lot of money to us.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Perfect planning would be not leaving ourselves in this situation. It is money out the door that we will never see again or recoup. See Ilori.

I love how because we haven't spunked tonnes of money on Naismith and other shit, the club hasn't been planning. I imagine 95% of the players we contact wouldn't touch us with a pole which is understandable

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We won't be staying up, and Debuchy certainly wouldn't be the difference between going down and survival.

Also 2.5m is a lot of money to us.

We could, however unlikely it seems.

And £2.5m is not a lot of money to most Championship clubs anyway.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why the hell do we have to wait until end of the month if he isnt playing for gods sake??

West Ham are buying Byram, allowing Jenkinson to return to Arsenal, giving them the Right Back cover they want before allowing Debuchy to go anywhere.

3 minutes ago, mwj said:

I love how because we haven't spunked tonnes of money on Naismith and other shit, the club hasn't been planning. I imagine 95% of the players we contact wouldn't touch us with a pole which is understandable

What are you talking about? Where have I said we should be signing Naismith?

I am not talking about this window, I am talking about the summer, I am talking about the last 5 relegation battles.

Â