Mathieu Debuchy

VillaChris

I think everyone know's he's holding out for a team in a better position than us to come in for him, if he does end up coming he'll be a great upgrade on what we have at the moment. I thought Hutton done pretty good last year but gone right downhill this year & as for Bacuna he's a midfielder playing right back so you cant really moan at him.

21 minutes ago, Wes said:

West Ham are buying Byram, allowing Jenkinson to return to Arsenal, giving them the Right Back cover they want before allowing Debuchy to go anywhere.

This is just so sad. We have to wait for the player who would actually be the best option in his position to move to a 3rd club, before Arsenal feel able to give us the second choice. 

Apparently we tried to get Byram, and he just wasn't interested in talking to us. What a sad mess we are. 

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Perfect planning would be not leaving ourselves in this situation. It is money out the door that we will never see again or recoup. See Ilori.

Debauchy has proven quality in this league. Ilori never. If this goes through it improves us now. For what its worth, if we finish 18th to 20th, and he contributes to that, we're up £800k as a result.

• Like 1

I don't mind it. If he plays a part in a miraculous survival then great. If not Ah well only a few million. If the players gave up like some of you lot on here they would be booed off. I'm not saying let's spend 50 million but a few loan deals and a permanent or two who are willing to stay if we go down.. Why not? Plenty of time for planning in the summer. Sign the best available on a small budget and see what happens 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

I'd take a punt on this one.  Debuchy has got to have an eye on the Euro 2016 squad, he's on the fringes of the French squad (but he went to Euro 2012 and World Cup 2014) so he needs to be playing. He'll definitely be motivated by the Euros, especially with them being in France.  A loan deal probably suits everybody in this circumstance. 

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"We need to sign some proven quality if we've got any chance of staying up!"

*sign some proven quality*

"What the **** are we doing bothering with signings like this, we're going down!"

It's almost like there are different posters with different opinions..... :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

No,  just damned for making the wrong decision.  As Pilchard has said,  in different circumstances he would support it.  These are not the circumstances and the club should be making a different decision.

Me,  I'm not as fair as that.  I think it's a shit decision regardless.  The was a time we had to sign Kyle Walker on loan to come and save us ,  now we are at this levle of loan signing. Thats my two cents

Â