Mathieu Debuchy

VillaChris

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I thought no club (in the modern Premier league era anyway) had stayed up from a worse position than us at this stage? That's what I keep hearing. 

When I predicted Leicester would stay up against the odds last year, they were ten points adrift with fewer games to go than we have now. Also Sunderland a few seasons ago were 7 points adrift with six games to go and they had some very tough away fixtures, I'd say that was a worse position than the one we find ourselves in now.

1 minute ago, useless said:

When I predicted Leicester would stay up against the odds last year, they were ten points adrift with fewer games to go than we have now. Also Sunderland a few seasons ago were 7 points adrift with six games to go and they had some very tough away fixtures, I'd say that was a worse position than the one we find ourselves in now.

I see, I thought you were referring to amount of points. We had 11 from 21 games this morning and Leicester, I read, had 17 at the same stage last year.

Do you think we will stay up useless?

No one has stayed up from our Christmas position but teams have been in worse positions like the two examples I've given above, and there are probably more examples the further you go back in time. Besides it doesn't really matter because what other teams haven't or have done in the past is no help to us.

Edited by useless

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I see, I thought you were referring to amount of points. We had 11 from 21 games this morning and Leicester, I read, had 17 at the same stage last year.

Do you think we will stay up useless?

I don't know, nobody does for sure. But I think we've got a fighting chance.

Edited by useless

Lescott-Okore is looking like a decent combo now (I'd keep Lescott until the summer and then get shot of him when we go down) and with Debuchy and Cissokho at full back these are experienced international standard players (Cissokho rarely gets beaten one on one for example which you can't say for many other LBs we've had since Bouma).

Defensively we're looking o.k now so that gives us a base to win games if we're only conceding one goal a game but we desperately need a fresh face upfront.

Has a choice between us and Leverkusen according to quotes from Jonathan Legossip on Twitter, from L'Equipe. Still taking his time to choose, and sees our position as a challenge. 

Not nailed on yet. 

2v1qdti.png

edited to add picture of quotes (from my phone)

Edited by villan-scott
Added quote

Â