Mathieu Debuchy

VillaChris

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Yeah!  You tell 'em!  Remi should have done this deal 6 months ago !!!!   

Oh...

The quote was 'we should sign proven quality'

We,as in Aston VIlla. We as in Aston Villa, who went into the season with Hutton is our first choice RB.

This has nothing to do with Remi.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We,as in Aston VIlla. We as in Aston Villa, who went into the season with Hutton is our first choice RB.

Yeah we really need a cheap short term solution to correct that decision to give us any chance...

Edited by Stevo985

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

No,  just damned for making the wrong decision.  As Pilchard has said,  in different circumstances he would support it.  These are not the circumstances and the club should be making a different decision.

Me,  I'm not as fair as that.  I think it's a shit decision regardless.  The was a time we had to sign Kyle Walker on loan to come and save us ,  now we are at this levle of loan signing. Thats my two cents

I'll elaborate.

If they didn't sign anyone of Premier League quality, it would be seen as throwing in the towel already and the board would be chastised by those who believe we have a chance of staying up. Stop living in the past.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed, but we, as in Aston Villa, didn't do it earlier.  We, as in Aston Villa, thought Hutton was just fine.  Man!  Are we stupid!!

But that's all past.  This is now.  It think the question is "do you plan for the summer rebuild in the lower league."  or "Do you try to fight against the relegation as wisely as you can and see what the future holds."  You clearly think the former.  I think the latter... mostly because I want Hutton, Debuchy, Bacuna, Richards, or whoever we put there to fight hard and wisely for every point, every goal, every block.  Pointless to expect the players to do it, if the club won't.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think this is a poor signing if its only a loan as we have little chance of staying up and zero chance of keeping him next season, an expensive waste of money. Reminds me of Jenas deal :(

Debuchy gives us more of a chance at staying in the Premier League than signing someone "for the future" who we could just purchase in 6 months time when we actually know that we're relegated.

I'm failing to see why people think this would be a bad loan move.  Experienced defender in a part of the pitch where we're consistently exposed.

• Like 3

A player with proven quality can have a knock on effect in terms of confidence to other members of the team.

so it's not JUST the player himself we are debating.

we have to start breeding confidence back in to our team.

sure they will leave.....and then we look for replacements.

we have lost too many players that has ripped the heart out of us.

we have to start rebuilding....it will take all sorts young up and coming....old but experienced.....and loan players.

Its the confidence that has to return/ rebuilt.....irrespective what league we are in.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yesterday we wouldn't be doing anything at all this window?

Let's hope we can shift some more shit then eh.

Have we shifted anyone to make a permanent signing yet Dave?

Yesterday we wouldn't be doing anything at all this window?

Let's hope we can shift some more shit then eh.

Have we shifted anyone to make a permanent signing yet Dave?

No. I don't think that matters to the point I made?

If you're right, let's hope we can?

49 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Debuchy gives us more of a chance at staying in the Premier League than signing someone "for the future" who we could just purchase in 6 months time when we actually know that we're relegated.

I'm failing to see why people think this would be a bad loan move.  Experienced defender in a part of the pitch where we're consistently exposed.

but Debuchy has played 3 games all season so it could take him a few games to get match fit which is not time we have to spare

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Narrative doesn't fit.

Those who think we've given up are just as deluded as those who think we will spend £10m on a striker, IMO. Though I know which I would like to be right.

The way the market is, we will have to spend close to that regardless of what division we'll be in.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but Debuchy has played 3 games all season so it could take him a few games to get match fit which is not time we have to spare

I'm assuming he's played in reserve games all season.

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

I'll elaborate.

If they didn't sign anyone of Premier League quality, it would be seen as throwing in the towel already and the board would be chastised by those who believe we have a chance of staying up. Stop living in the past.

It's almost as if they are different people with different opinions saying those things

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'm assuming he's played in reserve games all season.

its not really the same though, he didnt even play in FA Cup game last weekend and hasnt played since November

the way I see it is we are paying money to do him a favour by getting him match fitness for the Euros

Just now, Zatman said:

its not really the same though, he didnt even play in FA Cup game last weekend and hasnt played since November

the way I see it is we are paying money to do him a favour by getting him match fitness for the Euros

It's enough to "keep fit".

The second bit would be great!  He'd be coming to actually perform and try to get the starting right back berth for his country as they host the Euros.  Where's the harm in that?!

because its a pointless signing in our position if it wont be long term. a right back is not going to save our season, if we signed Philip Lahm it wont help us become much that better team to keep us up

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because its a pointless signing in our position if it wont be long term. a right back is not going to save our season, if we signed Philip Lahm it wont help us become much that better team to keep us up

No but a right back, and a striker, and a midfielder might.

• Like 1

Â