Mathieu Debuchy

VillaChris

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

We'll need Hutton in the Championship next season.

Not at the contract he's currently on.

Unless he has a 90% relegation wage drop we should try and flog him

48 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Debuchy is obviously an upgrade, but it doesn't help us next season at all. 

I see what you are saying, but he's obviously being got in as Garde still thinks we have a chance this season. 

Otherwise there would be no point as if (when) we get relegated then Debuchy will be off.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I see what you are saying, but he's obviously being got in as Garde still thinks we have a chance this season. 

Otherwise there would be no point as if (when) we get relegated then Debuchy will be off.

Maybe. Or he just wants to try and improve results and keep his job. It's hard to believe he really thinks we can stay up.

Maybe. Or he just wants to try and improve results and keep his job. It's hard to believe he really thinks we can stay up.

Is it that hard? It's been done before, two seasons in a row, from worse positions than ours. If he doesn't back himself and his players he might as well pack it in and offer to drive the team coach instead. In fact, I'd rather he did in such a case.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I would hope he still thinks we can, or at least tells that to the players! 

might be it's own thread, but I feel like our transfer strategy for some time has been listing decent upgrades at all 11 positions, then seeing which options on those lists we could get at a decent price.  Not a bad plan if you have a strong club.  Maybe not if you have a decent club and you are looking to gradually improve over time.  Really bad plan if you have some glaring needs.  I think we have glaring needs.... GOALS.  But we keep filling in other gaps.  The players that can reliably score goals are rarely available at a decent price.

I'v got nothing against this one and agree it's an upgrade, but wonder if it's the right place to spend limited funds.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is it that hard? It's been done before, two seasons in a row, from worse positions than ours. If he doesn't back himself and his players he might as well pack it in and offer to drive the team coach instead. In fact, I'd rather he did in such a case.

i dont think any club has stayed up from a worse position than us

Leicester had 17 points last season at this stage

Leicester stayed up from a worse position than us last year and Sunderland did a few years back. If you look beyond the Premier years there are probably plenty of other examples. Of course Rémi thinks we can still stay up, because we can.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Leicester stayed up from a worse position than us last year and Sunderland did a few years back. If you look beyond the Premier years there are probably plenty of other examples. Of course Rémi thinks we can still stay up, because we can.

I thought no club (in the modern Premier league era anyway) had stayed up from a worse position than us at this stage? That's what I keep hearing. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I thought no club (in the modern Premier league era anyway) had stayed up from a worse position than us at this stage? That's what I keep hearing. 

No-one has stayed up from our position at christmas.

The stat probably changes every week as our points tally/games left changes

Â