The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah if its covers of Jolene you're after, this one is a corker

**** dreadful. Nearly enough to persuade me @mjmooneyhas a point about the 80s. Mind you I like another song that they did, which everyone else seems to hate, so what do I know. I can't find it in my music collection for some reason, but I think it was called "since yesterday" and was also a cover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, blandy said:

**** dreadful. Nearly enough to persuade me @mjmooneyhas a point about the 80s. Mind you I like another song that they did, which everyone else seems to hate, so what do I know. I can't find it in my music collection for some reason, but I think it was called "since yesterday" and was also a cover.

Now as you sit here alone...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

iirc Strawberry Switchblade are Will Sergeants fault :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Ah if its covers of Jolene you're after, this one is a corker

Nah, the best version of Jolene is by Dolly Parton. Slowed down. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Oh FFS. This is Hilary Duff - My Generation bad.

It's almost as bad as the Puddle of Mudd - About a Girl debacle from last year, but I don't think that anything will top that.

• Haha 1

There is no point in me watching that, as I have no idea what the original sounds like, and I suspect that if I did I wouldn't think it was any better than the cover. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There is no point in me watching that, as I have no idea what the original sounds like, and I suspect that if I did I wouldn't think it was any better than the cover. 

System of a Down are infinitely better and cannot be likened with MGK. It's like comparing a Monet with the scribbles of a toddler.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

OK, I listened to both. Much the same, tbh. Although obviously the original has a good vocalist, and the cover guy is a bit shit. Not epic levels of shit, though. I am disappoint, I was hoping for a bigger difference. That guitar riff is boringly generic in both cases. 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

OK, I listened to both. Much the same, tbh. Although obviously the original has a good vocalist, and the cover guy is a bit shit. Not epic levels of shit, though. I am disappoint, I was hoping for a bigger difference. That guitar riff is boringly generic in both cases. 

Tbf it wouldn't be the first SoaD song I'd recommend. It's defo one of they're poppier songs. Try B.Y.O.B, chop suey, prison song, sugar or cigaro ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2022 at 20:11, JoshVilla said:

In case anyone hasn't heard this gem. Hilariously bad.

This man is a reason to hate music. Utter, utter tripe. 

I mean he is the main reason this is bad; the musicians are OK. Although is the drummer actually only using one drumstick? It just looks weird as he’s trying to use both hands to play!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Although is the drummer actually only using one drumstick?

Think he's got a ganzá in the other hand.

*jots "today I learned there's a name for a musical shaking egg" in journal*

*closes journal*

*sobs*

• Haha 1

Â