The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

Andy Bell of Ride (and Beady Eye / Oasis but who cares about his cabaret life) covered Paris Angels - Perfume, which is a tune I've always been fond of, a second division Madchester almost hit. I must admit, I'd never considered it lyrically before hearing this

I think its released for RSD today.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/07/2021 at 10:50, Rugeley Villa said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

He can barely sing Sabbath songs, I think this may be a bridge too far. Though I see Cantrell/Bordin are on guitars & drums respectively and they play it pretty decent. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

He can barely sing Sabbath songs, I think this may be a bridge too far. Though I see Cantrell/Bordin are on guitars & drums respectively and they play it pretty decent. 

Haha yeah he’s vocals are not the best even back when he did that song a few years back. They also missed out the middle bit of the song which may have been a bit too complex to try and pull off. 

Never heard of this lot until this week, there's a remix of this that is so unrecognisable as SFTD that I only really knew by looking at the title on an album I bought this week. Anyway I was curious to discover the original cover.

SFTD has been covered many many times by many a left field artist but this is out there, very out there. The remix isn't on Yowchoob or I'd post it for giggles

• 3 weeks later...

In honour of the 20th anniversary of The Strokes - Is This It being released, DIY magazine has put together a covers album by some decent artists and it’s all on YouTube.

Quite like this by Yard Act (Complete with Yorkshire twang!)

And this slowed down and druggier version of Last Nite by Demob Happy

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

In honour of the 20th anniversary of The Strokes - Is This It being released, DIY magazine has put together a covers album by some decent artists and it’s all on YouTube.

Quite like this by Yard Act (Complete with Yorkshire twang!)

I mentioned on twitter today, I bought Modern Age and also hammered the demos and live tracks. I loved them. Really did. Then the album came out, played it a couple of times and probably nothing after 2001. Think I felt the energy didn’t come across on the album. To a degree it was a similar story with Clap your hands say yeah. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Roger McGuinn. Six years before "Should I Stay Or Should I Go". 

I’ve always felt the Byrds & Roger McGuinn were more influential than given credit for…😆

• Haha 1

Â