The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Bit more of a curio this one. Phil Daniels, Gary Kemp and “The Tomorrow People” actor Mike Holoway performing “Sandman” by America in 1975.

What search took you to that?

Just now, Seat68 said:

What search took you to that?

I was listening to a podcast about British sitcoms, one of the episodes was a quiz with several music rounds. Basically one host asking the other to work out which one of the actors in the sitcoms discussed was singing in the audio clip.

That was one of them. Another was Wilfrid Brambell singing “The Decimal Song” in 1971. If you’ve never heard it, I guarantee that it sounds EXACTLY how you’re imagining it to sound.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Another was Wilfrid Brambell singing “The Decimal Song” in 1971. If you’ve never heard it, I guarantee that it sounds EXACTLY how you’re imagining it to sound

Yes it does. And the B-side should appeal to @bickster

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A prime example of the type of cover I'm not a fan of.

Beck (an artist I like) covering  the Neil Young (another artist I like) song Old Man

This is just a straight cover, Beck trying to be like Neil young, it adds absolutely nothing to the original. It is spectacularly dull

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Beck (an artist I like) covering  the Neil Young (another artist I like) song Old Man

This is just a straight cover, Beck trying to be like Neil young, it adds absolutely nothing to the original. It is spectacularly dull

Springsteen, who I love, has covered the northern soul track, do I love you. Which I also love. A needless and poor cover. 

• Like 1

Keeping with the theme:  Elliot Smith doing a very good job of sounding like the Beatles for no obvious reason.   All I can think of is that he obviously liked layering vocal tracks and he probably just had fun doing this one.  It would certainly have been in character to do something because he enjoyed it with no concern about what others thought.

17 hours ago, bickster said:

Beck sang 'My old man'? Learn something new everyday. Maybe when he used the lyric 'in the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey', he was talking about SHA?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Babs Streisand covers Bobby Scott and Ric Marlow.

This new release is a performance that was recorded the year before her debut album.

She's really good here, I actually toyed with buying it last light 😮 

Keep it in mind if you're buying presents for Buble/Rieu fans this Christmas?

Â