The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This is very cool, it's Adam Wakeman who played keyboards with them at the end (son of Rick Wakeman) who was doing this sort of stuff for the crew whilst on tour. They are actually playing Birmingham on Saturday at the Crescent Theatre :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

This is very cool, it's Adam Wakeman who played keyboards with them at the end (son of Rick Wakeman) who was doing this sort of stuff for the crew whilst on tour. They are actually playing Birmingham on Saturday at the Crescent Theatre :) 

It popped up on my phone and I noticed they are playing brum Saturday . I’m in brum Saturday but going to watch The Nutcracker, which has been planned for best part of a year .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

its a cover of this, history has been too kind to Shampoo. I like Miley Cyrus but its a Shampoo song and I remember when the MM and NME tried to make them a thing. **** ghastly group.

I had no idea that Miley Cyrus advert song was a Shampoo cover. It’s kinda strange that they were brought up, as literally only the other day I was reading about them in an idle moment where I was wondering whether it was just “Trouble” they were famous for.

As such I stumbled on this version of said song -

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I like that. Just as I have always felt that there is no song which can't be made worse by a reggae version, I also believe that almost any song is worth a try as bluegrass. Mind you, the banjo player looks like the comedy banjo player stereotype. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Meant to post it earlier, what with Terry Hall’s passing, but I side tracked myself with covers of Shampoo’s smash hit…

That song doesn't belong on that album really. It was always the traditional encore of the band's sets all through the first album and even before. It's the stage invasion song

I always felt they only included it because they wanted to record a version of it and needed to fill out More Specials. For me, it just doesn't sit right on that album

On 27/12/2022 at 16:37, mjmooney said:

...almost any song is worth a try as bluegrass. Mind you, the banjo player looks like the comedy banjo player stereotype. 

Leanne at work put me on to this. Finnish, apparently.  Might have posted it before.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Leanne at work put me on to this. Finnish, apparently.  Might have posted it before.

Actually, I forgot about Hayseed Dixie, who, tbh, get tiresome pretty quickly. 

• Like 2

Â