The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

The Ronson/Winehouse version was massively overplayed to the point that the original now sounds refreshing, comparatively speaking.

I didn’t mind the zutons, admittedly not owning anything they ever released. But they had a run of 2 or 3 catchy singles. Plus I had a bit of crush on the sax player which didn’t hurt their appeal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went through a period of not only buying Billy Bragg material but also any covers of his songs. This is by the pop punk band The Groovie Ghoulies. The album it comes from is typical pop punk in a Ramones vein. Nothing to write home about at all. I struggle to remember it getting a second play. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm the same but I do like that, I'm a sucker for covers of disco songs in a very no disco style

Yeah, I guessed when I saw the post that you'd like it - Ty Seagal, JJR, Oh Cees  - all that stuff you like a lot more than I do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not for me. I love the Lovely Eggs, but am not keen on pigs x 7 really.

Yeah I'm more the other way round, but I know the Lovely Eggs have a fair few fans. They are support Pigs x7 in Nottingham next month as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hum along 'til the feeling's gone forever.

I was late really, getting into her stuff, but now I'm hooked. I think she's great. Hadn't heard that one before, I don't think. Excellent.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â