Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Isn't he back in China. 

Not sure, I had heard that rumour yesterday but he's been quite active yesterday and earlier on, so don't know?

15 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

It was the same last summer, we all know what happened after that. 

Part exchanging  Adama for their winger at a loss doesn't seem to be the best bit of business I've seen.

But yay we are spending (wasting) lots of money so lets celebrate! 

I think it is 100% the fact that we are signing championship "proven" players this time around, comparative to last year signing a bunch of french and spanish league players for the premier league. as well as players past their prime-Lescott.

Edited by Villaphan04

it might seem a backward step swapping traore for adomah, but its clearly a deal that works for all parties

i hope we can snap up another centre back within the next couple of hours, even if its just a squad player, we need back ups

1 minute ago, AndyBM said:

it might seem a backward step swapping traore for adomah, but its clearly a deal that works for all parties

i hope we can snap up another centre back within the next couple of hours, even if its just a squad player, we need back ups

It's not a backward step this year. We've signed someone who has proven they can be an asset at this level and help get a team promoted. We've lost a load of potential but no guarantees. Also he didn't want to play for us, so replacing him has to be a positive. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nope. We needed a better keeper. 

Watched Steer on Monday and he looked very tidy and did well at Huddersfield on loan - think him and Gollini (who would still be my first choice) will be OK. 

How is it a backward step in exchanging a proven player for someone not fit/motivated enough to string together two appearances?!

Yes he came from Barcelona, that's about all he has going for him in my view, this place baffles me sometimes.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

As I wisely, said last night, the best judge of the transfer window will be the season itself and how it pans out. But I do think we have built ourselves a promising team, who should be strong enough to challenge for promotion. I'm expecting top six at the very least.

• Like 1

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Watched Steer on Monday and he looked very tidy and did well at Huddersfield on loan - think him and Gollini (who would still be my first choice) will be OK. 

I'd definitely give Steer a run out next match. I don't know much about him but I'm sure he won't cost us 4 goals in the next 6 games!