Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

Abel. H seems to get a lot of tap ins from crosses into the box / 6 yard box - shame our bunch still don't really know where that area is!

Shame we don't put the ball in to that area as well.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Not sure on Hernandez - im not aware of his stats, admittedly, but I'm of the impression that he isn't particularly prolific? Do we think he would be a decent addition to the team? 

Yeah well Andre Ayew scored 12 goals last year and is worth £20 million apparently- which proves there is more money then sense in english football at the moment!

52 minutes ago, useless said:

I think that Morrison is separate from Xia's tweet today. I expect the midfielder we sign will sign (hopefully) this week will be more of a Gueye replacement. So a box-to-box midfielder. I really wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the players that Tottenham have made available, I'd like Bentaleb but maybe someone like Carroll is more realistic.

I don't think I saw Gana in the opposition box once in 12 months.

55 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Is Carroll a box to box midfielder? I thought he was in a similar mould to Westwood/Gardner!

Not from what I have seen- I first clocked him during spuds Europa league campaign a couple of seasons back, he's neat and tidy and can pick pockets and find gaps between lines- has to be played in an offensive role to really get the best out of him IMO. I would be happy with this.

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Blimey, just started reading halfway through the last couple of pages and thought people were talking about Andy Carroll, thanks f*** we're not.

For what it's worth, Andy Carroll would be an immense signing

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nazvfc said:

Sometimes a defender puts in a tackle which means the striker didn't actually miss. It was a last ditch tackle! If he'd not got that tackle in Ross would probably have gone on to score. 

Let's buy that defender!

im happy to see all these articles of our not so good players moving on, but i cant help feel that we really should replace like for like (but better), theres alot more games this season, we need a big squad.

Just now, Mjvilla said:

Derby bid 7 mill for forestieri... Would be a good buy.

I appreciate that it's not a bottomless pit, but I would be willing to pay £10mill for him. He looks a good player with still some more potential, at 26.

• Like 1