Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

Dunno - something happens to strikers when they join us - look at the chance Mccormack missed on Sunday.....

bit harsh, IMO you could tell he was a finisher from that chance, tried to dink the keeper rather than aimlessly blast it, took too long which looked like a case of rustyness and not being fit rather than a judgement on his ability, it was a good tackle too to be fair

User Actions

Followingravel morrisonVerified account‏@morrisonravel

Birmingham tomorrow..

Mo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

Sometimes a defender puts in a tackle which means the striker didn't actually miss. It was a last ditch tackle! If he'd not got heat on Ross would probably have gone on to score. 

Nah - he took an extra touch - all the commentators picked up on it.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

But defender got the tackle in and Ross didn't actually have a shot did he? So not a miss  Or was that a different incident? 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

His first touch was slightly behind himself meaning he needed the extra touch out his feet. Classic sign of a bit of rustiness, a fit McCormack would've buried that chance.

I think that Morrison is separate from Xia's tweet today. I expect the midfielder we sign will sign (hopefully) this week will be more of a Gueye replacement. So a box-to-box midfielder. I really wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the players that Tottenham have made available, I'd like Bentaleb but maybe someone like Carroll is more realistic.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Haven't seen much of him, but looks good.  Bit of a character as well - fans would love him I reckon.

He is a poacher, a proper number 9. I think he would fit in well with McCormack and Ayew.

• Like 1

Still can't find anything Italian about the Morrison transfer. Only seems to be English rumour mill talking about it. As a rumour it was doing the rounds end of June start of July here, but nothing since then.