Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

From the last hour of the transfer window one glum January when we were alerted to the lights still being on and then got presented with the loan of Simon Dawkins (think that was his name) - to super Tony Xia tweeting with weeks to spare of the window about the upcoming exciting signing of a midfielder - what a welcome difference.

• Like 2

Interesting phrasing though... very exciting.

Morrison is a big risk and one I do think we should take but he is not exactly a very exciting signing. McCormack was a proven player at this level which to me was much more exciting.

I guess if your the owner though any new signing is very exciting when communicating directly to fans.

Edited by villaglint

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Interesting phrasing though... very exciting.

Yes his English needs improving.  Thing is he was reading the thread from the other day and he meant to type very eggciting.  He was just getting in on the act

• Like 1

Sanchez out, new midfielder in.

Whilst I don't think we need to sell to buy for financial reasons, it certainly seems that's the case with keeping the squad a certain size.

(That isn't a criticism, think it's quite sensible, maybe the delay with signing another striker is waiting for Gabby to leave? ) 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Saw an interesting shout on Twitter, how would you feel about Mulumbu?

Certainly wouldn't be exciting, and I've not seen him play for ages, but I remember him being alright. 

If he's anything like he was a few years back he'd be just what we need.