Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Personally I think it's a little soon to judge him and the criticism has been OTT. Yes he has made mistakes but he has been ridiculously unlucky with how costly they've been.

But you could also argue that had he got away with them, he would have been ridiculously lucky....

You simply cannot make the errors he has at this level and expect to get away with them. Also Trent, I don't think it's just the mistakes, he doesn't command his area that well either. Several times against Bristol City they crossed the ball and Gollini was nowhere to be seen. 
I just dont think he's ready. Not by a long stretch and I think it could be the defining factor as to whether we're good enough to get promoted.

Either way, I'd be tempted to try Steer or Bunn next match and I don't much rate them either. 

24 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Sky is a joke. Full five mins at 1pm they discussed a 1 year loan move with harte and then went on to mention a loan move for bony.  Still never mentioned adomah.

We haven't officially signed him. 

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Personally I think it's a little soon to judge him and the criticism has been OTT. Yes he has made mistakes but he has been ridiculously unlucky with how costly they've been.

Agree completely - the first goal for Bristol City was the only massive error for me. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But you could also argue that had he got away with them, he would have been ridiculously lucky....

You simply cannot make the errors he has at this level and expect to get away with them. Also Trent, I don't think it's just the mistakes, he doesn't command his area that well either. Several times against Bristol City they crossed the ball and Gollini was nowhere to be seen. 
I just dont think he's ready. Not by a long stretch and I think it could be the defining factor as to whether we're good enough to get promoted.

Either way, I'd be tempted to try Steer or Bunn next match and I don't much rate them either. 

I don't think you could really other than one of them, the other two would have barely been noticed but anyway...

We will have to agree to disagree on the rest.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Getting promoted is never a given. But RDM has been backed and has the players at his disposal to do the job. Its not an easy job and will get plaudits from me if he does it. - But equally he has to starting getting results pretty soon - there can be no fannying about, waiting for the team to 'gel' - there are teams in the championship assembled on almost zero resources who are winning games. 

I don't think Tony will tolerate excuses - He has kept his end of the deal with the money spent. Now RDM has to deliver the goods.

Exactly this.  I expect Tony to take more of a backseat now (and look after his other businesses and get the cash rolling in for next year :D) and for RDM to come more to the forefront.  Let's go, Roberto.

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It really won't be a mistake. I care far more about the future of Aston Villa being a club rather than promotion this season. Let's not overspend and get shafted. 

Promotion is essential though. No point buying a squad that might be good enough in a few years with a long term goal. By that time parachute payments will stop, richer teams will be dropping down and who knows what take overs could happen. I'm glad we are buying players with the aim of getting out of here in the short term 

• Like 4

Hopefully Wyness is waiting for Hernandez's agent to come back to us with lower demands? Would also Like an actual good, not competent cm then we're sorted. Oh and Rolan/Ayew exchange for the icing on the cake ( one can dream ) UTV ! 

Edited by thabucks

11 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Sounds like we're not necessarily done yet.

To me that reads as not active but if an agent calls with something we might be interested in then we can consider.

No complaints from me.

• Like 1

Wonder how many we would bring in January too... guess it depends on our position.. injuries and league position. However i would expect a loan or two whilst we lose 4 players to AFCON.