Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Page 666 it is then. Can anyone think of any devilish players we may wish to buy? Any anagrams of Devil, Satan or Lucifer? And please don't suggest that we're  trying to sign Santa, he would be no use to us during the busy period around Christmas! 

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Page 666 it is then. Can anyone think of any devilish players we may wish to buy? Any anagrams of Devil, Satan or Lucifer? And please don't suggest that we're  trying to sign Santa, he would be no use to us during the busy period around Christmas! 

I wonder if the 'Angel' Gabriel will be called upon to save us ;) (bloody hope not!)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Probably going to be really quiet today with it being a Bank Holiday Monday. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens until Wednesday now.

Xia said an announcement would be likely today so I'm hopeful of good news 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought that was supposed to be yesterday. I don't know maybe something will happen today.

Think his tweet was around midnight at the time so I took it to mean today rather than yesterday - time will tell .

The international break could complicate things depending who we are targeting as many players are overseas . 

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just so I am clear @useless

Probably going to be really quiet today

Wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens today

I don't know maybe something will happen today

.....I'm going the pub

That's what happens when ever other post in a thread is by one person, they start arguing with themselves. 

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought that was supposed to be yesterday. I don't know maybe something will happen today.

I thought he said something like they'll know by Sunday night and then if there's anything to announce it'll be on Monday. 

Considering there's a week left of the window I doubt the management are taking today off as a holiday, especially after our last result.

Edited by Ginko

i hope weve got another centre back lined up, bit of a worry going into the season with just 3, elphick, chester and baker.

anybody know how long toner is out on loan for?

strange to let okore go without a replacement maybe? and we all know we cant rely on lescott and richards with the hope that theyre leaving.

10 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I thought he said something like they'll know by Sunday night and then if there's anything to announce it'll be on Monday. 

Considering there's a week left of the window I doubt the management are taking today off as a holiday, especially after our last result.

Not a week mate - just 2 days after today .

55 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

I disagree with the last 3.

Amavi (once fully fit) will bring loads to our game.

Ayew has a lot of skill and can unlock a defence but needs some managing to get his head back in the game. 

Traore has bags of potential. The goal against the Baggies was ridiculous, he looked so strong & fast, basically steamrollered his way through. I feel for the guy a bit, hes only young and had only known Barcelona before he came here. Then he got injured which is rotten luck to be sitting around for months on end in a country he doesnt know. As per Ayew, if we can get his head right he could also become a huge asset (Barca didnt add a buy back clause for nothing).

Its just my opinion of course but if we can manage those 3 players properly they will definately give us an advantage.

Amavi is a total liability and Traore and Ayew don't want to be here

7 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

i hope weve got another centre back lined up, bit of a worry going into the season with just 3, elphick, chester and baker.

strange to let okore go without a replacement maybe? and we all know we cant rely on lescott and richards with the hope that theyre leaving.

Toner is on loan until January .

Elphick already 2 bookings from suspension and baker injury prone - I think we are weak there if Richards goes .

Just now, Eastie said:

Not a week mate - just 2 days after today .

Ah my mistake, I meant to say 'Considering we're in the last week of the window...'

Either way, my point stands.

9 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

Nothing strange about letting Okore go in the slightest. Atrocious player and a massive word removed at the same time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

We  need a goalkeeper, a left back, a midfielder, a wide player and two forwards

We also need to offload Richards, Lescott, Kozak, Gabby, Traore, Amavi and Ayew

IMO

Lescotts gone,one down four to go (idont actually think your serious about amavi and ayew)

• Like 1