Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

9 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

It appears obly Sunderland are interested in him at the minute, 1 year in championship on his current wages. To be at one the biggest clubs in the world?

Never in a million years is Joe Hart gonna drop down a league to join us. 

• Like 1

Saw Adomah was linked to Burnley this morning, cant remember where.

Amavi needs time - the guys not played 90 mins since October. I think there was enough evidence in the 2 or 3 months before his injury to suggest he'll be a good player for us.

We need a starting striker and winger, as well as cover in midfield and centre back 

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

It appears obly Sunderland are interested in him at the minute, 1 year in championship on his current wages. To be at one the biggest clubs in the world?

There's no way he goes from England number 1 and man city to the championship. 

If as it seems we are finding it hard to pull off permanent deals at the moment are we actively looking at doing any loan deals?

Tammy Abraham for example made a significant impact upon us on loan from Chelsea at the weekend and I would have thought Chelsea would be prepared to loan a player to us given their connection with RDM although it seems Bamford is one that has another destination in mind.   

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll admit I am yet to be convinced by Amavi yet either but he deserves a chance. If he can't hack it in the Championship then we should look to get rid in January. I don't care about this 'stats;' in France as Veretout proves that means nothing. Cissokho was a €15m left back in 2009, which in today's mad market would be about €40m! 

I'd look at Rico Henry as a replacement if Amavi couldn't cut it

I'd look to sign Rico Henry anyway.

• Like 3

In the past 3 Championship seasons McCormack and Rhodes have scored a total of 128 league goals between them. Rudy obviously wasnt there last year but scored 20 himself the year before as well. My point is, they are all proven at this level and we already have 2 of them so lets go get the other one and start putting the ball in the net.

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Asamoah Gyan to Reading is interesting. Not sure I'd want us to be in for him, but could be a great move by them. 

He's "30" years old now and has been playing in the Middle East and China for the last few years. Not sure he's worth the gamble and definitely isn't a long term solution.  

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Asamoah Gyan to Reading is interesting. Not sure I'd want us to be in for him, but could be a great move by them. 

I thought he might be our 'difficult loan'

1. He said he would consider championship football.

2. Could be classed as 'world class'? Leading African goalscorer in WC history so has a big profile

3. Currently plays in China so thought Dr Tony might have had a word with a few contacts there

Alas, seems not. He's on £227k per week at Shanghai, how much are Reading going to contribute!

Danish media is talking about Nicklas Bendtners future... They say he wants to get back to England...
Wolverhampton, QPR, Ipswich, Fulham and Villa, are mentioned as possible destinations...

The article is from at not so trustworthy news paper in Denmark
I think its funny to post, because it will scare you ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jesperchr said:

Danish media is talking about Nicklas Bendtners future... They say he wants to get back to England...
Wolverhampton, QPR, Ipswich, Fulham and Villa, are mentioned as possible destinations...

The article is from at not so trustworthy news paper in Denmark
I think its funny to post, because it will scare you ;)

I'd take him, he's a goalscorer, I remember him playing in the Championship for Birmingham City in 06/07, he was outstanding, he was only 18/19 then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I didn't know this, and after your post i did a little research and downloaded an app called 'Twilight' which removes the blues and controls the screen display throughout the day. I've really noticed a difference as a use my mobile heavily. 

Sorry to go OT folks, just wanted thank @alreadyexists for the info above :thumb:

No worries mate, glad to be of help. I used to sleep terribly and I spoke to one of my mates whose a doctor and she said 'your bedroom should be for sleep and sex and that's it' and told be about the blue light from phones thing. So I've tried to include that mantra in day to day life and now I generally don't take my phone to my bedroom any more. I found it's helped loads. Sleeping loads better, just got to convince the Mrs about the other use for the bedroom now!

Again sorry for off topic.

On topic, I'd like to sign some more players that make us win games pls.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He's "30" years old now and has been playing in the Middle East and China for the last few years. Not sure he's worth the gamble and definitely isn't a long term solution.  

It's a season long loan with the Chinese club heavily subsidising his wages. As I say, not sure I'd want him here but that's a gamble from Reading that could pay off. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

No, that's not enough said at all. You're judging players based purely on who scouted them rather than their ability on the pitch.

If all but one of the players he brought in are shite and don't have the right attitude, then it's more than likely so is the other one. 

I hope he's not. But before his injury Amavi gave goals away and has been out performed by Cissokko so far this season.

He'll be gone in January.

This time last year people were bagging Ayew, saying he was lazy, sullen, arrogant and pretty shit. Sound familiar?

By the end of the season he was being lauded as our best player and the only one that seemed to give a crap each week.

So maybe (a) he is a bit of a slow starter and (b) it's a bit ridiculous to be saying to get rid of him after 3 weeks of the season because he has missed a few sitters and failed to celebrate a team mate's goal with sufficient gusto?

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1