Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's what I was suggesting. Maybe he lacks particular attributes that mean Prem teams think he can't step up.

We would, hopefully, cross that bridge in 12 months. If he scored the goals I'm sure we could move him on again. 

Well he has ability...but doesn't really contribute if he isn't scoring. He isn't in the best shape and isn't one to drag a team on (IMO)

I find it no coincidence that he is always playing in teams that fail to achieve anything. He has to be carried, you won't build a successful team with McCormack heading it. Just like nobody could with Darren Bent.

18 hours ago, useless said:

I'm not sure that Xia has said that we're going to be one of the top three clubs in the world, he'd might like that to happen, just like most chairman, but don't think he's made any promises. In terms of transfers It will be hard to gauge his ambition anyway, until we're back in the Premier league. The name of the technical director will probably give us an indication of the direction we're heading in.

TBH Mate, The names of our new creative midfielder and centre forward should give you an indication of the direction we're heading in.

• Like 2

We'll be signing players to get us out of this division and hopeful to develop into being good enough for the Premier league. But they won't give us much of an indication on how  serious Xia is about making us one of the top teams. That can't come until we're back in the Premier league and able to attract better players.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, useless said:

We're being linked with Juventus goalkeeper Nicola Leali.

Also see the name Etrit Berisha popping up on twitter. Albanian international keeper. Plays for Lazio. Seem to be linked to every half available keeper in Italy due to our new GK coach. 

• Like 1

Twitter rumours say that Leali could be a loan, and that we could bring in him and Gollini. 

Guzan and Steer out, Gollini and Leali in, Bunn as third-choice-last-resort-in-case-of-emergency-backup?

The good thing about bringing in highly respected coaches, as we have, is that it could attract a calibre of player that we wouldn't have attracted if we'd gone for the usual Championship level staff appointments.

Edit: Gollini, not Pollini.

Edited by Rob182

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Whats Ravel Morrison up to these days?

Still pissing his career away acting like a "gangsta" would be my guess. 

55 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Whats Ravel Morrison up to these days?

Rumour has it he will be making his way to Villa Park.  I wouldn't be totally against it if someone can keep his head screwed on.  

Morrison would be a huge gamble (as I'm sure Di Matteo knows) especially considering we already have a couple of players with questionable attitude.

Morrison too much of a gamble for me due to the poor influence he could have on the whole team. If we are playing with an AMC then i would much rather it be Grealish or Gil. Or if Gil goes then someone like Knockaert or Bradley Dack who i think would be really good signings or possibly try again for Hoolahan

If 2016 has taught us anything, it is that team spirit and attitude take you much further than a couple of talented individuals.

Our relagation, and the QPR sides of 14/15 and 15/16 is proof if ever it was needed, that a team full of rocket polishers will always result is disaster. 

On 01/07/2016 at 17:21, wilko154 said:

The best 'ITK' I found on Twitter last summer was @whisper_avfc, got nearly every transfer spot on...

They have just tweeted this... Can anyone decipher it?!

RB gone could be Crespo who left today?

User Actions
 Following
1P2N07i2_bigger.jpgwhispers...@whispers_avfc 

harvey meet arrange. gk move. rb gone with wishes. td announce just days.

5:11 PM - 1 Jul 2016

Just had a look. Seems he has a pretty 'fair' track record although can be very vague at times.