Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Did Mulumbu play under RDM at Albion as well?  Always liked the look of Mulumbu during his time at the Albion and wouldn't say no to him as well. 

Yes, I am pretty sure RDM signed him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, supermon said:

Being linked to Graham Dorrans from Norwich, not bad he seems like a grafter

In the 09/10 season he played for West Brom under RDM's management he scored 13 goals in 45 appearances. 18 goals overall counting the cup competition. In the 7 seasons since that season he has only scored a grand total of 12 times. I always heard that RDM gets the best out of creative attacking players and it seems that is the case at least with Dorrans.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, he did. 

Would be a decent signing as well. 

Thinking more about RDM's time at Albion he would have managed Morrison as well wouldn't he?  On a free this summer, I would take him.  Good experience and not a bad player ta boot.  

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Thinking more about RDM's time at Albion he would have managed Morrison as well wouldn't he?  On a free this summer, I would take him.  Good experience and not a bad player ta boot.  

Yes, he would have done, and Morrison is another decent player. 

Sad that we're looking at Albion's castoffs jealously, but that's where we are. At least they're better professionals than most of our players. 

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, he would have done, and Morrison is another decent player. 

Sad that we're looking at Albion's castoffs jealously, but that's where we are. At least they're better professionals than most of our players. 

Don't forget though that the last West Brom castoff we got was Lescott...:unsure:

That being said I get the impression Morrison, Dorrans and Mulumbu are all much more professional!

Not to mention the only cast-offs we are looking at are those that have proven they can get promoted in the past. I wouldn't say that it's sad just that it's common sense to look at players that can do a job in the Championship that have also worked for RDM before to great success.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Don't forget though that the last West Brom castoff we got was Lescott...:unsure:

That being said I get the impression Morrison, Dorrans and Mulumbu are all much more professional!

I'd say Mulumbu was very poor for Norwich and his last year at Albion. So probably best to avoid. Never rated Morrison, and you do have to question why he is on a free as he would appear the type of player Pullis would love. Dorrans I would take, he is a good championship player and would create from midfield. Has never been able to perform as well in prem, but to get us back up would be OK.

52 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Well, I've gone and done it. I foolishly watched a YouTube video on this year's Kiyotake / Praet / Sneider in Anwar El Ghazi.

And did he look like pele? YouTube has a canny knack for accentuating a players skills. 

Still, there isn't much else to go unless you've got time to watch 10 matches a week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Well, I've gone and done it. I foolishly watched a YouTube video on this year's Kiyotake / Praet / Sneider in Anwar El Ghazi.

Quite a few atomic strikes in there could be another Tonev

• Like 2

Getting Morrison and Mulumbu on frees would hugely improve our midfield.

Proper DM and Morrison regularly chips in with goals for West Brom at premier league level so he could score 10-15 in championship.

It's worth inquiries but think Mulumbu is on a fair whack at Norwich.

After watching El Ghazi's YouTube vid, I'm seeing a very similar player to Adama (which is no bad thing). He can dribble, has pace and acceleration, has a better shot than he does a cross and also looks a little selfish at times. El Ghazi on one side and Adama on the other would be quite interesting (or infuriating, depending on whether they're in form!)

I'd like Morrison, I'm sure baggies would like to keep him if he wanted to sign a new contract, but from Mulumbu's time at Norwich and his last year at baggies, I've not heard great things, so I'd avoid.

Dorrans is an odd one. In the championship he was fantastic, playing a big part in get baggies promoted, but that was 5/6 years ago and he's not performed well since then, at baggies or Norwich. He'd be a decent replacement for a squad player like Bacuna, but I think I'd prefer someone a bit more exciting as a first team regular.

"Aston Villa to confirm the signings of Daniel Bentley and Callum O'Dowda this week from Southend United and Oxford United" per Transfer Centre 9. Not sure at all of legitimacy.

If true, Bentley immediately excites me as a potential number 1 keeper of the future. 

Edited by imrebroce
  • Like 1