The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

52 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Flabbergasted that this is a serious post.

Give Remi some of the players mcleish and lambert had and then judge him. Sherwood had the same players and won once all season.

Some people a so blind to how bad this team is.

I am well aware of how bad this team is, I'm on my third attempt at avoiding relegation with this pack of misfits in FM2016..... No matter what i try lose, lose, draw, lose. Just lost to bristol city in the league cup..... :( Cant wait till I survive the first season and then sell everyone. The only good news is in my latest attempt the club have been taken over!!!!

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I am well aware of how bad this team is, I'm on my third attempt at avoiding relegation with this pack of misfits in FM2016..... No matter what i try lose, lose, draw, lose. Just lost to bristol city in the league cup..... :( Cant wait till I survive the first season and then sell everyone. The only good news is in my latest attempt the club have been taken over!!!!

I finished 8th with this exact squad on fm 2016

52 minutes ago, KHV said:

I finished 8th with this exact squad on fm 2016

I'm actually really impressed, I can't get them to do anything whether I play the experienced lot, banish them and play the kids or sell them and get the best replacements the money can buy. How did you do it?

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

For the record I'm in the 'I like Remi, not his players, got no backing, good intelligent manager capable of good things' group but hav'nt commented until now for fear of being hated on by the 'we need a proven manager' group. Come someone explain to me what a proven manager is please? my understanding is, it is someone who because of his record absolutely guarantees we get  promoted next season. If such a manager exists id be more than happy to chip in a few dollars for his wages.

haha, that is the exact phrase I stopped myself from replying to!

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:
31 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'm actually really impressed, I can't get them to do anything whether I play the experienced lot, banish them and play the kids or sell them and get the best replacements the money can buy. How did you do it?

Really? Well done.... any tips? I find gestede the most useless player ever 

4-1-2-2-1

Guzan in goal, Amavi & Richards as full back  with Amavi in an attacking role and Richards staying put in a limited role , Lescott and Clark until Okore is fit then drop Lescott.  Have Sanchez/Gueye as your anchor man and then Westwood played as a central midfielder in a defensive role and Veretout alongside him in an attacking role. I then have Grealish on the left as an inside forward in a supporting role with Adama on the right in an attacking role. Ayew up top as an advanced forward.  Play direct with a high tempo and hard tackling, I take shit loads of bookings and Gana and Sanchez get about 4 reds each per season but its all good. Make sure you use all of the squad and rotate to keep the players fresh, even Nzogbia plays well when bough in lol

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

4-1-2-2-1

Guzan in goal, Amavi & Richards as full back  with Amavi in an attacking role and Richards staying put in a limited role , Lescott and Clark until Okore is fit then drop Lescott.  Have Sanchez/Gueye as your anchor man and then Westwood played as a central midfielder in a defensive role and Veretout alongside him in an attacking role. I then have Grealish on the left as an inside forward in a supporting role with Adama on the right in an attacking role. Ayew up top as an advanced forward.  Play direct with a high tempo and hard tackling, I take shit loads of bookings and Gana and Sanchez get about 4 reds each per season but its all good. Make sure you use all of the squad and rotate to keep the players fresh, even Nzogbia plays well when bough in lol

Shame they are all injured or disinterested for realz.  Seems like a not awful line-up otherwise.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-lyon-admit-want-11052708

So Lyon want Garde back.  If this is the case, does he walk?  Do we sell him to Lyon, like the noses ripped us off with McLeish?

And if this is the case, should we try and get David Moyes, a manager used to working with a tight budget at Everton, who seems perfectly suited to Villa?

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He's failed to get a single player performing at their best. The working relationship with Garde and this squad must be poor at this moment. How can that improve? I don't think it can. So Garde may be better with a team full of his players but that's not going to happen this summer so I think it's a huge gamble if he stays. 

None of our managers since MON have had a good working relationship with our players - which says a lot.

Apart from Sherwood obviously, they seemed to like him, but you may as well have had a pelican in charge of tactics.

The players are to blame for this, senior players.  There's a culture of "who gives a ****" at the club and the sooner those players have gone the better. 

Think it's best for all involved if he moves on in the summer. And I'm sure he will.

Can't see him wanting to stick around after the way he was treated in January, and to be honest I don't think he's had the desired effect to be worth to keep.

Only reason he'd still be here next season would be financial ones, both from him and the club.

As for moving on this obviously applies to everyone from Lerner down to the players, but that won't happen.

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Flabbergasted that this is a serious post.

Give Remi some of the players mcleish and lambert had and then judge him. Sherwood had the same players and won once all season.

Some people a so blind to how bad this team is.

we are going down with a gutless display, you dont need to manage top players to get fight out of them. I might be wrong but I think we are on for our lowest ever goal and points totals as well

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nigel said:

No matter what a lot of Everton fans think of him id love moyes here.

still dont get why they dont like him, one of greatest managers in history of their club especially compared to the clown they have now or people like Walter Smith and Mike Walker before

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

still dont get why they dont like him, one of greatest managers in history of their club especially compared to the clown they have now or people like Walter Smith and Mike Walker before

From an outside perspective it certainly looks like it doesnt it!

I honestly find it hard to judge him based on the shite at his disposal. It has come to the point where I am really wondering if we should have just kept Tim. :/. I was thinking it is also easy to forget how many injury mishaps we have had, i'm wondering if we had the like of Amavi, Troare, and others fit for the majority of the season it would have made a difference. None of them actually really got to string together a run of games etc, or get used to a system.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

It's a bit like Arsenal fans just glossing over what Wenger has done for that club and wanting him out. Short memories.....

Or when we weren't happy regularly finishing in the top eight.

Oh for those days now.

• Like 1

Sometimes its not all about,what you deserve. Its what is right for the club.

The club has been run rancid and Remi has unfortunately been caught up in it.

i think for once.....the baby needs to be thrown out with the bath water.

no more risks.....clearout!!!

Â