The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

If we keep the majority of these players just to be cost effective, we will be just as bad again next season. It's that sort of thinking that has us in the state we are now.

The changes need to be drastic.

I completely agree, but it's never going to happen. A lot of these players are on long term deals that will cost big money to move on, we'd struggle to get rid of half this lot on free transfers, the players of value (well both of them) ayew and Gana might fetch £4/5million each

It will be cheaper to pay the £3/4million to sack garde and his assistants and bring in someone else.

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I completely agree, but it's never going to happen. A lot of these players are on long term deals that will cost big money to move on, we'd struggle to get rid of half this lot on free transfers, the players of value (well both of them) ayew and Gana might fetch £4/5million each

It will be cheaper to pay the £3/4million to sack garde and his assistants and bring in someone else.

Unfortunately, that will do **** all to change our fortunes. As long as these pathetic pieces of shit are at the club nothing will change. The squad needs to be purged.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, deamie said:

Steve Bruce for me 

After the shambles against Boro I'd imagine Hull fans would gladly get rid.

A very negative manager who went for the draw and lost rightly in the 90th minute. They won't stand a chance in the PL and will get relegated again if they go up.

Not to mention his recruitment has been very poor. Personally I'd stay well away from Bruce. This is Bruce's squad no one else's.

They could quite easily miss out on playoffs.

This team won't go all out attack. Didn't you see there heads drop after the goal, i'm sure this ain't in Remi's coaching methods. Most of emm are a bunch of spineless arse wipes, an I have much more respect for Remi than I do almost any of the players.

Lescott, Richards, Gabby, to name just a few...................... do me a favour!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Unfortunately, that will do **** all to change our fortunes. As long as these pathetic pieces of shit are at the club nothing will change. The squad needs to be purged.

Again, I agree. The squad needs a complete overhaul, there isn't a single player id keep for next season who played today (bar Gana and ayew and they will be sold)

but it won't. 

12 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

What I don't understand with Remi is why we haven't just gone out all attack at this stage, we always try to knick a goal and then go 1-0 down then the game is finished.

Remember boring boring Arsenal...................that's what he aspires to.

37 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think we have to be realistic. At least two thirds of this squad will remain and those that do leave will be the ones that we wouldn't want to leave although for me there is no more than 3 or 4 of those.

The Championship is a poorer league than the Prem. A lot poorer. Seven or eight players out, same amount in and we could have a squad capable of promotion. Trouble is if Garde stays he will have shown that the 2/3 of the squad that remains he got very little out of and also to those players he will be seen as tarnished as he will be the manager who oversaw three quarters of a season of utter failure.

I still maintain I don't know if Garde is a good or poor manager as this is a very poor squad of players. I don't want to go into next season on what I believe is a gamble in terms of the manager though so for that reason I think he should go.

For what it is worth I think soon after relegation is confirmed he will depart and Black/MacDonald etc will see us through to the end of the season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Makes me laugh that for the first time in my memory as a villa fan, there are a section of fans who have given the manager a free pass to lose every game. 

It would make me laugh too if anyone at anytime had actually said that

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Steve Bruce. Wtf would Villa want him for.  Another hyped up English manager by the press who is awful.  

Moyes for me all day long.  Not sure he be interested though.

yep moyes for me too. i honestly think he would be interested.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

It would make me laugh too if anyone at anytime had actually said that

Then laugh away because I remember reading it and plenty imply it with their posts. 

For me, when the manager reaches a point when he's doing as badly as I would as Aston Villa manager, then he probably doesn't deserve to continue collecting his high wages. 

Â