The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The thing is there were signs in January that things were working out and the performances were half decent.  We started well at West Ham before Ayew elbowed Cresswell.  I'd put that moment up there with the subs at Leicester in the brainfarts of the season contest, as well as not capitalising on our form in January by giving Remi a couple of new players to work with.  Then Liverpool happened, and I'll be surprised if we get another point this season.  We are utterly defeated as a club.

Coincidentally that was when Kozak was playing ;)

• Like 1

@VillaCas.Also how different things could have been if the board had bought what Remi asked for.Two players.So, way back then he idintifyed what our immediate needs were to stay up.I think he desreves a proper chance, with his owne squad to show what he can do.

• Like 1

Whether or not he should have been able to bring in his own players in January, he hasn't done enough with the current crop of players to merit the chance to build his own team next season. He has no experience of the championship also. We need a strong manager like Graham Taylor was 30 years ago who can can sort this club out and we need Lerner to say FO to the transfer commitee and let the new man have total control over transfer policy

Edited by PaulC

I dont agree.The Watford manager has no experiance of the PL yet they are doing allright.I think its more to do with getting your owne squad and getting them to play your way.Reme has someone1s else`s squad and they are playing Sherwood`s way.At least give him a chance with his owne players FFS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont agree.The Watford manager has no experiance of the PL yet they are doing allright.I think its more to do with getting your owne squad and getting them to play your way.Reme has someone1s else`s squad and they are playing Sherwood`s way.At least give him a chance with his owne players FFS.

Yes you can always name a few that had no previous experience and done well but maybe they are just better managers. Nothing to do with Sherwoods way after this many games! I think Garde has had  double the amount of games with them now

Edited by PaulC

I'm totally staggered by the Remi Garde love in on this site!

ok he did not get a chance to buy any players, he has had the majority of the season to do something COACH the available players . I don't see any improvement what so ever under Garde why would we risk next season with the nice bloke who looks really intelligent and had a good season in French football! 

Sorry he has to go we need experience to guide us out of that championship not a nice guy who would fail to inspire French onion soup !

15 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

ok he did not get a chance to buy any players, he has had the majority of the season to do something COACH the available players . I don't see any improvement what so ever under Garde why would we risk next season with the nice bloke who looks really intelligent and had a good season in French football! 

Sorry he has to go we need experience to guide us out of that championship not a nice guy who would fail to inspire French onion soup !

Because it's become an issue of maybe it's not them, but rather us. If you go through 6 managers in 5 seasons, maybe you should look at the club and players rather than the manager. 

19 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Because it's become an issue of maybe it's not them, but rather us. If you go through 6 managers in 5 seasons, maybe you should look at the club and players rather than the manager. 

Exactly. Even if it was proved he is not that good with these players. You can't keep changing the manager. You need to look at other areas, which we are doing at the moment. These are not his players, he has to have chance to sign his own. I don't know of a manager who would continue to work with another managers squad season after season.

What I do believe is this group of players are more than struggling with his tactics and coaching methods, which again points to the fact he needs to sign a few of his own.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Exactly. Even if it was proved he is not that good with these players. You can't keep changing the manager. You need to look at other areas, which we are doing at the moment. These are not his players, he has to have chance to sign his own. I don't know of a manager who would continue to work with another managers squad season after season.

What I do believe is this group of players are more than struggling with his tactics and coaching methods, which again points to the fact he needs to sign a few of his own.

So we can really afford to risk that given he has achieved nothing . I don't understand he is allegedly a football coach he should have got more out of this team , he hasn't and has not demonstrated any direction or purpose. Agree he has been let down by the club but my point is he should given his track record in the amazing competitive football world of France achieved more! 

I don't want to keep changing managers ( just the owner) but I want a manager who can get us out of the championship not to risk it again on nice guy Remi! 

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

So we can really afford to risk that given he has achieved nothing . I don't understand he is allegedly a football coach he should have got more out of this team , he hasn't and has not demonstrated any direction or purpose. Agree he has been let down by the club but my point is he should given his track record in the amazing competitive football world of France achieved more! 

I don't want to keep changing managers ( just the owner) but I want a manager who can get us out of the championship not to risk it again on nice guy Remi! 

Going towards the end of the season this group of players seem to look worse. Reason being most know we are down and won't be coming with us, so why is it worth their efforts. Coincidence its the most senior players who look awful, or show lack of effort.

These players will be gone and hopefully Remi will be able to sign a few of his own. Then, we may have a team worthy of the Championship and be full of the effort required to get us out first season.

He's failed to get a single player performing at their best. The working relationship with Garde and this squad must be poor at this moment. How can that improve? I don't think it can. So Garde may be better with a team full of his players but that's not going to happen this summer so I think it's a huge gamble if he stays. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Going towards the end of the season this group of players seem to look worse. Reason being most know we are down and won't be coming with us, so why is it worth their efforts. Coincidence its the most senior players who look awful, or show lack of effort.

These players will be gone and hopefully Remi will be able to sign a few of his own. Then, we may have a team worthy of the Championship and be full of the effort required to get us out first season.

Really like your optimism , but I don't think he is good enough! I want to bounce straight back under a proven manager, not risk another season. Anyway the decision will not be ours but the powers that be! I'm worried again !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I dont see it myself, he is easily the worst manager in our history and shown no progress and that says a lot because before him was McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood

I dont wish an arguement with anybody

but

We are down with this squad of 25 plus homegrowns.

If we could skip next season and just be back in the PL with this lot again in 1 years time with Mr X as manager and RL as owner, imagine this -

GK Guzan

a defence with Hutton Richards and Lescott in it.

Sanchez & Westwood still in MF

Gaby & Gestede up front.

How the **** are we supposed to finish 17th or higher.

Skip the fact that we are automatically coming back up under that senario.

Now look at this senario.

Burnley, Boro & Hull/Brighton go up this year

No Dyce, Karanka or Bruce/Hughton for us.

Who the **** is going to get us promoted over/with Sunderland/Newcastle, Norwich coming down with us (who are better than us anyway) Hull/Brighton, Derby, Ipswich, noses and the rest of the top 10 in the championship who we will struggle to get 4 out of 6 possible points off?

Now logic tells me that IF our squad is made up of

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Bacuna, Westwood, Sanchez, Sinclair & Gaby (they are all shot as Villa players)

plus the hope/possibilty of Okore, Gana, Amavi (once he's fit), Veretout, Ayew, Gil, Grealish, Adama & Gestede all staying AND performing well.

The closest players to a sure thing would be

Clark, Baker, Bennet, Ally & Gardner

How much must we spend on "sure thing players" formed by a "sure thing manager" to get us back up at the first attempt?

Logic tells me its impossible

My next question would be

What does a XYZ fc have to have to get promoted? (The xyz being an all new AVFC)

Owner - RL ?

Board - Hollis, Bernstein, King plus ???

Manager - RG ? Bruce ? Dyce ? Karanka ? Hughton ? Rowett ? Grayson ? Moyes ? McClaren ? Sam ? Pulis ? A N Other ?

Players ?

GK ?

RB ? Okore? Clark Ally/Amavi

Westwood ? Gana ?

Gil ?/Grealish ?  Gardner Ayew?/Veretout ?

Gestede

Plus

Lyden, Baker, Bennet, Green, other Youth players & (our budget) Signings ?

We need a clear out of almighty proportions

And

EVERY decision from New Board members, New Staff above the Manager, RG ( its not a given that he leaves) or a New Manager, New Coaching staff (RG's choices or new guys),  New GK, RB, 1/2 CB's, 1/2 MF's, 1/2 Wingers & 1/2 CF's MUST be good ones that improve us.

Has that kind of turnover/turnaround EVER happened?

I'd love to see it

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I liked this because I assume you were about to post a response to something but realised this thread has been going round and round in circles for weeks. I did the same a second ago but managed to stop myself before I posted.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

I think he has to go for the obvious reasons , but I get the impression that Hollis would like him to stay ...  I think if Garde isn't sacked / resigns in the days we are mathematically relegated then the indication might be that he is staying ....

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont see it myself, he is easily the worst manager in our history and shown no progress and that says a lot because before him was McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood

Flabbergasted that this is a serious post.

Give Remi some of the players mcleish and lambert had and then judge him. Sherwood had the same players and won once all season.

Some people a so blind to how bad this team is.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, a m ole said:

I liked this because I assume you were about to post a response to something but realised this thread has been going round and round in circles for weeks. I did the same a second ago but managed to stop myself before I posted.

For the record I'm in the 'I like Remi, not his players, got no backing, good intelligent manager capable of good things' group but hav'nt commented until now for fear of being hated on by the 'we need a proven manager' group. Can someone explain to me what a proven manager is please? my understanding is, it is someone who because of his record absolutely guarantees we get  promoted next season. If such a manager exists id be more than happy to chip in a few dollars for his wages.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Â