The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Newcastle also bought a lot of French players , a policy they have now ditched, maybe something else we should look at!

Nothing wrong with our French players, nor French players in this league generally, or players from French League 1?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Newcastle also bought a lot of French players , a policy they have now ditched, maybe something else we should look at!

Disagree. The way we have integrated them was done wrong... I still think our best players were from the French league. Gueye next season will be awesome.. whichever league we are in.. Amavi has huge potential.. and will look even better under Garde. Ayew has been our best player hands down. Veretout has shown immense potential. Just needs confidence and more experience. Has 4 assists. More than Westwood has had in 2 years. If anything our senior players and lack of striker signings has been our let down. Gestede has been a massive let down. Crespo etc. As always.. some work some don't.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Read the whole post

I did but even bearing those things in mind it's hardly the case. There's definitely a big chance he could walk before the start of next season but you make it sound like it's incredibly unlikely that he'll still be here.

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think he's done better than most.  He's sorted us out defensively and made us more organised.  Up front though we just don't have the personal.  I'd be surprised if Guardiola had us scoring more.

Guardiola would take a look at our squad and think:

1) no scorers, hmm

2) Attacking midfield dont press high up, hmm

3) Ok, you Ayew Gil & Gana are the Frontline, now press

4) Richards, Okore, Lescott & Aly , you are the second line, now press

5) Hutton,Sanchez & Clark, if anyone gets through the second line, Press.

6) Bunn, I hope you're good

Edited by Grasshopper

I liked his French interview when he said he would stay if backed, but I might have liked this bit even better.

Aston Villa is a prestigious club in England on the exterior. But inside, there are lots of things that need to be done…”

I really appreciate that Remi is straight honest.

Edited by srsmithusa
typo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Guardiola would take a look at our squad and think:

1) no scorers, hmm

2) Attacking midfield dont press high up, hmm

3) Ok, you Ayew Gil & Gana are the Frontline, now press

4) Richards, Okore, Lescott & Aly , you are the second line, now press

5) Hutton,Sanchez & Clark, if anyone gets through the second line, Press.

6) Bunn, I hope you're good

Hutton?  Guardiola out!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sne said:

So Garde is Boring, safe and conservative.

Just out of curiosity, how would you describe Pulis and Allardyce?

Pulis: Disciplined, organized, negative, stubborn, proven.

Allardyce: Strong, motivational, positive, likeable, proven.

14 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Remi Garde is the only positive factor about our club at present

I disagree strongly. Gil, Amavi, Traore, Okore, Gueye, Sellars, Bacuna, Lescott is what is keeping me positive. I also think Clark, Westwood, Cissokho, Kozak, Agbonlahor, Hutton, Guzan and Bunn are better than they are given credit for. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Pulis: Disciplined, organized, negative, stubborn, proven.

Allardyce: Strong, motivational, positive, likeable, proven.

So apart from maybe proven (although he did well with Lyon), the rest of your adjectives also apply to Remi, do they not? 

He's got the team into a more organised disciplined shape, he's strong and stubborn. Look at Grealish and the way he fronts the press every week. I wouldn't say our football is negative though, he wanted to sort the defence out first and we lack any strikers. As for likeable, for sure he's becoming very popular because he oozes class.

If he gets the players he wants in then he'll have us playing attractive, passing, attacking football. Pulis and Sam are it gonna do that. 

11 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

As Sne said, you've called Garde plenty of names that others would label Pulis and Allardyce yet they are better appointments?

You've then suggested 3/4 managers who were appointed in the Summer when we still had Sherwood which is completely irrelevant.

I'm adamant you're on the wind up.

The managers I suggested were alternatives to Sherwood and Garde.

Allardyce was the obvious choice for me but I think Swansea are on the right track appointing Guidolin and making enquiries about Bielsa.

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So apart from maybe proven (although he did well with Lyon), the rest of your adjectives also apply to Remi, do they not? 

He's got the team into a more organised disciplined shape, he's strong and stubborn. Look at Grealish and the way he fronts the press every week. I wouldn't say our football is negative though, he wanted to sort the defence out first and we lack any strikers. As for likeable, for sure he's becoming very popular because he oozes class.

If he gets the players he wants in then he'll have us playing attractive, passing, attacking football. Pulis and Sam are it gonna do that. 

I would't go out of my way to describe Remi as any of those. Definitely not strong, motivational or proven.

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I would't go out of my way to describe Remi as any of those. Definitely not strong, motivational or proven.

In fairness IYR excludes 'Proven', but what makes you sure Garde isn't Strong (for me that's his stand out quality) or Motivational?

The thing is with Aladyce and Pulis, you know what you are getting, but with some credit to the board, they appear to have taken a risk and avoided the lower middle ground option and opted for more a progressive appointment. I wouldn't say it hasn't worked given our paucity of squad and forward quality, and because for example, Aladyce is not pulling up trees at Sunderland, and we seemed better when we met, the difference being Defoe. If we had ended up beating them we would be ahead of them today. So the jury is s out still for me. 

I would much rather continue to "gamble" on Garde and let him prove himself in the summer and next season, I think Aladyce's Sunderland will be in the Championship with us next season, and West Brom are sliding at the moment too.

• Like 1

That makes no bloody sense whatsoever. With the French players (Cabaye, Debuchy etc) they finished 5th, now they've "ditched" them they are fighting relegation.

Â