The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

14 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:
23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

5 at the back today. strangely defensive move against 1 striker

Looks to me like a 442 with Gil and Bacuna on the wings.

I think it's our usual 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond shape)

....................Bunn

Richards.Okore.Lescott.Cissokho

....Bacuna.Westwood.Gana

.....................Gil

..............Ayew.Kozak

However, with the personnel deployed, we could easily switch to 3 at the back and have wingbacks.

We were the better side, and really tried, but the quality was lacking. The only thing I can really question Garde over is the lack of players in the box when we do cross the ball. 

Case and point was Gil's terrific cross across the box in the second half, absolutely no one was there, we need to commit more forward in those situations, but Garde's conservative approach precludes that from happening. 

Other than that, I think we were half decent against a side who make it virtually impossible to play football against, but when it's all said and done, a draw is just not good enough. 

• Like 1

We really need a striker. He didn't have one when he came in and I'm sure he's doing his best to get one in now, but who would want to come?

Give him the chance to rebuild in the summer.

We're looking a much better side overall, but we're toothless. We don't have the personnel to do anything about it either. Kozak is the closest thing to an out and out striker we have but he's incredibly rusty and even on top form probably isn't quite enough. We really, really need a striker.

Shame then Remi's chances of getting one are slim and none.

Â