The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm not saying Garde is beyond reproach and shouldn't be sacked or whatever but the reasons given in here for sacking him are just down right frustrating and disheartening and it just clarifies to me as to how fragmented the fanbase is on so many different levels. It actually makes me think of just giving up with Aston Villa full stop to see so many people not getting the point that the manager is the least of concerns with this club right now as it doesn't **** matter who the manager is if they;

a) have to work with such unintelligent, lazy and self centred pricks that inhabit every aspect of our squad.

b ) are never going to be financially backed sufficiently enough by the absent owner to build their own team.

c) will be criticised by sections of the fans anyway for not being Nigel Pearson or Sam **** Allardyce. What the **** do the fans know when half of them turned their noses up at Claudio 'out of touch, getting his buspass and past it' Ranieri.

The thing to remember is that hard work doesn't always get the required results. I believe Garde is working harder than all the squad combined, it's clear that he is feeling it and is frustrated with a squad who won't **** listen to his instructions because regardless of getting beat 6 to 8 nil every week and barely breaking sweat they still get paid stupid amounts of money for merely turning up and are laughing about it and goading fans. These are the word removed's Remi has to deal with. No wonder he has lost his marbles!

So much black and white thinking it makes me angry. The players and results are **** therefore Garde is ****. C'mon man, its not as simple as that. Use your **** brains. I always thought we had intelligent fans compared to other teams. Then again, dildo head puts that to rest. 

Sack Garde for all I care now, I don't give a flying **** anymore as we as a fanbase continually fail to see what the bigger picture is at this club and don't deserve to get out of this. We fall back into the same trappings that keeps Lerner out of the spotlight. Sack the manager, it's his fault, get so and so in and then 6 months later it happens all over again! We are as thick as **** as the retarded morons who put the villa shirt on every sodding week. 

**** it. 

I don't think many fans think Garde is the cause of all problems. I certainly don't blame him for these poor results. 

But at the same time we are not a charity for nice managers. At the moment he doesn't deserve his high paying job to continue next season

Not to lose all the time? 

Not to look shambolic in defence? 

To have some fight and pride?

Any one of us could pick 11 players. If that's all is required of a manager then there's plenty of cheaper options out there 

Yeh ok. "Not lose". Thanks Guardiola.

• Like 1

So we got sick of a gobby, arrogant mouthy guy in Sherwood. Who showed passion and screamed from the touchline. All he does is show passion, it's not enough.

Now we're sick of a reserved, intelligent manager who does his talking behind closed doors. Needs to be hard, show passion.

Sick of Villa, sick of our fans. Just bin it all.

This

There's no point doing anything until the end of the season. Unless we bin off Garde and put KMAC in charge until the end of the season to give the kids a free swing at PL football. Doesn't matter if they get hammered every week as they will at least be getting some invaluable experience.

Besides, they can't be any shitter than the fuckwits that turn out for us each week currently.

Definitely time to give the kids a chance now.

We're down and we're a complete embarrassment. Transfer list everyone in the current playing squad and genuinely try and only start the players that will be here next season. 
I can't wait to see the back of Richards, Gabby, Lescott, Bacuna, Veretout, Sinclair etc. 

Bunch of f****** losers, the lot of them. 

14 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Think I have said this a few times since January, if he stays I can live with it but if he chooses to walk, I wouldn't be disappointed.  Sacking him is a bad idea though, firstly the cost and secondly it wouldn't help our reputation for backing managers. 

Agreed. Not backing him and then sacking him. Looks bad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm not saying Garde is beyond reproach and shouldn't be sacked or whatever but the reasons given in here for sacking him are just down right frustrating and disheartening and it just clarifies to me as to how fragmented the fanbase is on so many different levels. It actually makes me think of just giving up with Aston Villa full stop to see so many people not getting the point that the manager is the least of concerns with this club right now as it doesn't **** matter who the manager is if they;

a) have to work with such unintelligent, lazy and self centred pricks that inhabit every aspect of our squad.

b ) are never going to be financially backed sufficiently enough by the absent owner to build their own team.

c) will be criticised by sections of the fans anyway for not being Nigel Pearson or Sam **** Allardyce. What the **** do the fans know when half of them turned their noses up at Claudio 'out of touch, getting his buspass and past it' Ranieri.

The thing to remember is that hard work doesn't always get the required results. I believe Garde is working harder than all the squad combined, it's clear that he is feeling it and is frustrated with a squad who won't **** listen to his instructions because regardless of getting beat 6 to 8 nil every week and barely breaking sweat they still get paid stupid amounts of money for merely turning up and are laughing about it and goading fans. These are the word removed's Remi has to deal with. No wonder he has lost his marbles!

So much black and white thinking it makes me angry. The players and results are **** therefore Garde is ****. C'mon man, its not as simple as that. Use your **** brains. I always thought we had intelligent fans compared to other teams. Then again, dildo head puts that to rest. 

Sack Garde for all I care now, I don't give a flying **** anymore as we as a fanbase continually fail to see what the bigger picture is at this club and don't deserve to get out of this. We fall back into the same trappings that keeps Lerner out of the spotlight. Sack the manager, it's his fault, get so and so in and then 6 months later it happens all over again! We are as thick as **** as the retarded morons who put the villa shirt on every sodding week. 

**** it. 

Absolutely spot on. Exactly how I've been thinking

14 hours ago, supernova26 said:

If Diego Simone would to walk within 10 yards of him he'd fall over.

Typical ex-Arsenal pusssay.

Get out of my club !!

If you are unjustifiably going to slag off another club, you should at least pick one worse than ours - you know, like Championship and lower.

• Like 4

I personally think weve gone backwards under Remi.  I understand the arguments that the squad isnt good, and it isnt Remis team, but a manager worth his salt should be coming in, and at least trying to set us up so were hard to beat at least, even if it is terrible to watch.................. that way, ya mite grind a couple results out, hit a patch of form and off you go........... but no, he keeps playing to our weaknesses every week, trying to play expansive with fullbacks pushing on and floating midfield players............ **** lunacy if ya ask me........... Garde is **** shit, disastrous appointment.  No matter what anyone says, no matter what goes on as far as money and the board, this clown will have his name over the door as the manager that relegated us.............. for that alone hes a complete moron.   Anyone who consistently picks Veretout, Gil etc...... needs there head shaking.......... weak as piss, physically and mentally............. thats just to name two.  Cant see the love in with Garde, i really cant.   Ive never disliked a manager at Villa ever, even if theyve been bad, but this bloke, I think hes a right bellend

• Like 1

Genuine question - how come we seem to sign so many bad eggs over such a long period of time, or do they become bad eggs when they get here?

If its the former we are either very unlucky or very very poor judging players and thats across 4 managers?

If its the latter then the culture at the club needs to change and to do that you need a tough no nonsense manager who will sort it out and that just donest sound like Remi Garde. he looks like he would struggle to break up a playground fight.

10 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Genuine question - how come we seem to sign so many bad eggs over such a long period of time, or do they become bad eggs when they get here?

If its the former we are either very unlucky or very very poor judging players and thats across 4 managers?

If its the latter then the culture at the club needs to change and to do that you need a tough no nonsense manager who will sort it out and that just donest sound like Remi Garde. he looks like he would struggle to break up a playground fight.

I don't buy this idea that because a manager conducts himself calmly in interviews and doesn't come across as a Pearson-esque word removed that must mean they're soft on the players. It's interesting that despite his demeanor Garde actually appears to be doing more than most previous Villa managers to break up the toxic culture in the dressing room. He's almost completely sidelined Gabby and Grealish since he got here and likewise hasn't been afraid to drop Richards. I've no doubt that if he's still here in the summer he'll be ruthless in clearing out this bunch of cretins.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think an environment can become so dysfunctional that anything you introduce into it can quickly become as bad as its surroundings.  Throwing a cup of Evian into a bottle of piss doesn't make it drinkable.

I'm stealing that :lol:

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

I personally think weve gone backwards under Remi.  I understand the arguments that the squad isnt good, and it isnt Remis team, but a manager worth his salt should be coming in, and at least trying to set us up so were hard to beat at least, even if it is terrible to watch.................. that way, ya mite grind a couple results out, hit a patch of form and off you go........... but no, he keeps playing to our weaknesses every week, trying to play expansive with fullbacks pushing on and floating midfield players............ **** lunacy if ya ask me........... Garde is **** shit, disastrous appointment.  No matter what anyone says, no matter what goes on as far as money and the board, this clown will have his name over the door as the manager that relegated us.............. for that alone hes a complete moron.   Anyone who consistently picks Veretout, Gil etc...... needs there head shaking.......... weak as piss, physically and mentally............. thats just to name two.  Cant see the love in with Garde, i really cant.   Ive never disliked a manager at Villa ever, even if theyve been bad, but this bloke, I think hes a right bellend

i couldnt agree less.

Set us up to be hard to beat with what? we tried playing with 5 defenders and we still shipped in 4-5 goals, we could play with seven but still get punished. there is absolutley nothing Garde can do about that, there simply isnt any quality there.

Who would you like to see instead of veretout and gil? if you havent noticed we dont really have any other options.

its like saying we should play someone upfront who can score goals, but ignoring the fact that we only have gestede and gabby to rely on.

• Like 3

Â