The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I'd rather have Pearson than anybody on that list

Pearson is a bully. We've had problems with them before.

If he came in, I would hazard a guess that promotion would be just as likely as a Houllier-style squad bust-up, which is just what you need when you're chasing promotion.

• Like 1

There is a case to put forward that the club need to be pragmatic and ruthless , you can accept that a manager who can get you out of the championship isnt't  necessarily  the man to take you forward in Prem once there.You have employ for the current situation sometimes and not look too far ahead which was the big mistake in the transfer dealings last summer.

Need to be accpetance that manager like Allardyce ,Bruce or a Houghton are the ones we need to get us up then make us solid , its the you go for the imaginative manager like the Pochetino's / Bliac / Koemans 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Need to be accpetance that manager like Allardyce ,Bruce or a Houghton are the ones we need to get us up then make us solid , its the you go for the imaginative manager like the Pochetino's / Bliac / Koemans 

I've been saying this for years. Literally.

The managers we employ shouldn't be the managers we anticipate will be in charge for 20 years and lead us to European Glory.

The manager should be the man to achieve the next step of whatever it is we want to achieve. Once we do that we evaluate whether they're the right person to achieve the step after that.

• Like 2

I certainly dont want fisface here I cannot stand the bloke. Rowett, Hughton or Karanka if none of them get promoted. Would be delighted with Moyes but he wont be interested in championship. I would also be really happy with Mark Warburton. But would he be interested? doubt it

I have a feeling we may go for someone who isnt attached like Ally McCoist if Remi quits as expected

Edited by Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The managers we employ shouldn't be the managers we anticipate will be in charge for 20 years and lead us to European Glory.

The manager should be the man to achieve the next step of whatever it is we want to achieve. Once we do that we evaluate whether they're the right person to achieve the step after that.

Exactly you need to take it in steps 

Stoke Pulis - Hughes 

West Ham  Big Sam - Bilac 

Southampton Atkins - Poch - Koeman 

Leicester - Pearson -Ranneri 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That requires a club to be well run from the top and actually know what they're doing. We kind of have done it....If our aim was to get relegated.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nabby said:

There is a case to put forward that the club need to be pragmatic and ruthless , you can accept that a manager who can get you out of the championship isnt't  necessarily  the man to take you forward in Prem once there.You have employ for the current situation sometimes and not look too far ahead which was the big mistake in the transfer dealings last summer.

Southampton did this with Adkins, they were ruthless and didn't hang around when someone better became available and have not looked back. 

11 minutes ago, KHV said:

What bully's are you referring too?

I guess he is reffering to Lamberts backroom staff, maybe Keane as well.

I guess it is a thin line between being a bully and being a disciplinarian. Some of our players need a kick up the backside, but equally some don't react too well to that kind of thing and end up causing problems in the squad, which when your squad is small and lackiing in quality is going to cause short term problems until the manager can weed those kind of players out.

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I guess he is reffering to Lamberts backroom staff, maybe Keane as well.

I guess it is a thin line between being a bully and being a disciplinarian. Some of our players need a kick up the backside, but equally some don't react too well to that kind of thing and end up causing problems in the squad, which when your squad is small and lackiing in quality is going to cause short term problems until the manager can weed those kind of players out.

Ah yes, I thought he was on about managers for a minute. FWIW I don't think Pearson is a bully, he just takes no shit what so ever which is probably what we could have done with this season.

I'm not really sure Keane was a bully to be honest, I think he just basically said the squad were unprofessional and lazy and had bad attitudes and I'd tend to agree with him.

Culverhouse and Karsa were without doubt a pair of shits though

12 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Southampton did this with Adkins, they were ruthless and didn't hang around when someone better became available and have not looked back. 

Mentioned him in my next post , not only did they replace him with better Poch , they were then able to replace Poch with similar. Clubs like Southampton are the model we need to look at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Ah yes, I thought he was on about managers for a minute. FWIW I don't think Pearson is a bully, he just takes no shit what so ever which is probably what we could have done with this season.

I'm not really sure Keane was a bully to be honest, I think he just basically said the squad were unprofessional and lazy and had bad attitudes and I'd tend to agree with him.

Culverhouse and Karsa were without doubt a pair of shits though

Which, interestingly, is what Garde has been saying in a much more charming, polite, Gallic sort of way.

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Which, interestingly, is what Garde has been saying in a much more charming, polite, Gallic sort of way.

It's also a totally different squad of players too, so what the actual **** goes on at bodymoor heath?

37 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Exactly you need to take it in steps 

Stoke Pulis - Hughes 

West Ham  Big Sam - Bilac 

Southampton Atkins - Poch - Koeman 

Leicester - Pearson -Ranneri 

Perhaps if we'd gone Lambert - Garde we might not be in this mess.  Then again, without Sherwood's initial bounce we may have not stayed up, and there's no way of knowing if Garde could have replicated that.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Perhaps if we'd gone Lambert - Garde we might not be in this mess.  Then again, without Sherwood's initial bounce we may have not stayed up, and there's no way of knowing if Garde could have replicated that.

What? "Kick the ball to Benteke" "Let em fackin' av it" I think he could. :P

Edited by sexbelowsound

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think at the time Sherwood did the job required, but he should have been replaced early as possible in the summer to give a new manager the whole of pre-season to get his squad as he wants it. That was the big mistake last season, we should have been more ruthless then.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The article says Fox will rely heavily on Reilly in recruiting new players???

Check the part of your post I underlined and was obviously referring to, that Riley has a history of signing shit players. The article does not support that, in fact indicates the opposite, so I asked if you had any basis for that comment.

Many said that Sherwood earned the right to have a preseason and at the time I agreed.

I don't think a well run club would have allowed that though. You just don't let an inexperienced manager have the final say on our biggest squad overhaul in Premier League history.

• Like 1

Correct me, if I am wrong - but I was under the impression that Sherwood complained that he did not have the final say. It seemed that an unseen committee chose who was going to be signed.

Â