The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I disagree. We weren't going to stay up by drawing more games. We've been desperate for wins. 

In other scenarios that would be a sensible approach. 

I agree that Garde has been overly negative but I also can see how he was getting things right at the back and making us more solid with the intention of improving his squad in January, no one can deny that he has had to rely on cloggers to get us goals and we were a decent striker away from being 4-6 points better off. It's not a coincidence that things have really gone to shit since the January window closed as the message that we are doomed was loud and clear from the clowns in charge...

Really wan't Garde to succeed, but I just can't see any real improvement in the team under him.

The team lacks any clear idea when in possession and defensively we are all over the place.

His selections are overly defensive most of the time and although it might prevent us shipping in a few goals (not sure about that) it mostly prevents us from scoring.

This might partly be down to us having useless players who can't follow his directions or even down to some language barrier (doubt that thou as half of the speak french)

He is IMO also too late with his substitutions.

Not blaming him for our woes, on that list he is way, way down.

But after being here this long you would like to see some lines and clear structures to his team, and sadly I don't.

No doubt he will walk in the summer if not sooner. Really dread who we will replace him with.

• Like 1

Obviously people will blame the board and I agree all out, they've sold him and us down the river. But I'm still not sold on garde, I've not seen any tactical trickery or guile just a blank stare and I don't think that will do us any favours in the championship. 

Remi has said the players aren't good enough. Even Pep would struggle with this team. What can a manager do if the players can't be arsed?

He obviously doesn't think the youngsters are ready. So he is stuck with the shower we see week in week out half of them are stealing a living! I would argue some of these players aren't even Championship quality!! He wanted player's in January but that's history now. He will be gone at the end of the season anyway when Hollis tells him we have no money!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Think he will walk. So, who is next?

The type of person who would have created riots if his name had been linked with us 5 years ago.

Amongst my top 2 would be Steve Bruce & Sean Dyche. Both of whom will probably pass us as we're dropping down and be out of our reach anyway.

I don't think it's a comfortable fit for either party and it will be a mutual decision for Garde to leave at the end of the season.

I just hope against hope that we utilise the parachute payment. It is the one thing that will give us an advantage over other teams next season. My brain tells me that its more likely to be a parachute payment to cover Randys total lack of business sense and fall directly into his back pocket.

• Like 2

I am certain Garde will go, he seems a sensible man and the whole club is a monster basket case, this mess will take years to turn round - why waste your career in this poisoned place.

A very large broom is needed, there is not one person in the whole club who is worth keeping from Lerner down. I even think Garde can do nothing more and maybe he also has to go, he has totally lost the dressing room, it must be like a zoo in there, they are a bunch of money grabbing, mercenary, lazy, self serving losers, and no one is good enough for the premier league. I just don't see him staying.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Worse than Sherwood?

Hahaha no.

About the same level as shite though arent they? What has Garde done to deserve the positive attitude towards him on these boards?

1 win in how many? How many conceded and scored? Make Lescott captain after his twitter BS, tops it off.

• Like 2

That game was lost when we got the team sheet, way to negative a woeful pair of centre backs who do their best to score in the villa goal. This was against a very poor stoke side that looked still at the seaside and lacking in any quality, this is a poor set of players and the formation does nothing to help the manager looks totally lost.

35 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Remi has said the players aren't good enough. Even Pep would struggle with this team. What can a manager do if the players can't be arsed?

He obviously doesn't think the youngsters are ready. So he is stuck with the shower we see week in week out half of them are stealing a living! I would argue some of these players aren't even Championship quality!! He wanted player's in January but that's history now. He will be gone at the end of the season anyway when Hollis tells him we have no money!

Id also question the wisdom of publicly saying "they're not good enough" or "lack quality" when confidence was obviously very low to begin with.

18 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

The type of person who would have created riots if his name had been linked with us 5 years ago.

Amongst my top 2 would be Steve Bruce & Sean Dyche. Both of whom will probably pass us as we're dropping down and be out of our reach anyway.

I don't think it's a comfortable fit for either party and it will be a mutual decision for Garde to leave at the end of the season.

I just hope against hope that we utilise the parachute payment. It is the one thing that will give us an advantage over other teams next season. My brain tells me that its more likely to be a parachute payment to cover Randys total lack of business sense and fall directly into his back pocket.

The club need to go for someone who is proven in that division and still relevant/exciting - Mark Warburton would be my choice if we could attract him. They need to financially back whoever they appoint too, let the manager have the final say.

Â