The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hang on. He signed a 3 year contract knowing full well we could get relegated. Look at clubs like West Ham and Leicstor that both went down and came back strong. If he leaves then he he's not the manager we need. 

He was also promised support and players in the window. Lied to and stabbed in the back by the board

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Its hard to get goals without a striker. The board have missed a chance for me, to score goals and get some points takes at least one proven striker

The board missed a trick by replacing Benteke with Gestede and Ayew. Neither Sherwood or Garde had much of a chance imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He was also promised support and players in the window. Lied to and stabbed in the back by the board

How do we know this? The players he went for went backed financially by the club for what is reported. They chose to go elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Its hard to get goals without a striker. The board have missed a chance for me, to score goals and get some points takes at least one proven striker

We signed 2 in the summer for a total of 16 mil

how many attempts do we have to get one that scores?

9 minutes ago, coda said:

Ian Holloway

Alan Curbishley

Edit: Who interestingly and ironically won a case of constructive dismissal against West Ham and got £2.2 million. 3 days after the summer transfer window closed.

Edited by YLN

What can you say, every week it's the same.

1) Soft penalty against
2) Penalty not given for
3) Ridiculous defensive error hands the opposition the game with 20 mins
4) No cutting edge up front
5) Terrible ref
6) Now we are adding player sending offs and injuries to the already toxic mix

We get one thing right and three others go wrong. Garde isn't a magician.

As much as I rate him, his reliance on Bacuna for set pieces is comical. But also give him credit, he's tried everything Gil on the wing, Gil behind the strikers - and wow it worked today until the sending off. It looked like he finally sorted the defence out and had a central midfield that could function, but that's where it ends, the forward line has been pub standard. Sinclair, Gestede have offered next to nothing in recent matches, he's even given Kozak and Gabby a go, both have looked mostly terrible although it's a bit early to judge Gabby too harshly (give it one more game) and Kozak just doesn't look match fit or even capable.

Ayew has cut a frustrated figure in recent matches and he has form at being a petulant teenager.

Who is there left for Garde to try? The kids? Mason and Lyden won't get you goals.

There just isn't enough in this squad to get more than a few draws or unlikely fluke one goal victories, and when we get points everyone around us will win. The universe is against us, certainly the pundits seem ecstatic we are going and the refereeing performances have been the worst i have ever seen, consistently awful. But we have walked a tightrope for years now and I think we have been lucky at times, now all that luck has gone.

I feel for Garde and I think he will walk if not soon then at the end of the season.

I have waited nearly six years now for things to change and they just keep getting worse. While Lerner is in charge I genuinely don't think there will be any ambition to get us back in the Premiership just as there isn't to avoid relegation, if he cared about the club he would just walk away, surely when we drop a division the club's value will go down. What on earth is he actually planning to do with the club? I thought he would get rid for £150 mil down 100 mil from what he originally wanted. 

He doesn't attend matches and appointing more cronies just smacks of a man who doesn't want to deal with the club anymore. His only motivation is not losing any more money, I just don't understand what he wants for the club and what his plans are, he owes the fans a statement.

I have loved this club and it's fans for 37 years but I genuinely don't see the point in actively enduring this team in it's current state, every low you don't think we can sink to, we will eventually get there. I am Villa for life, but at the moment you have to question whether weekly humiliation is worth it, every weekend and occasional evening is ruined by the idiots on the pitch and muppets who put them there. I genuinely think we should boycott home matches or do some form of demonstration as enough is enough.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, philthevillan said:

My message to Remi... Leave now before your career is in tatters. Then come back once Randy and his crew are gone. 

Remi is a class act. The right man at the wrong time. Problem is no-one is right for us at the moment. 

Or how about earn your millions, see your contract out, bring us striaght back to the top flight and then establish us back as a premier league club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

What can you say, every week it's the same.

1) Soft penalty against
2) Penalty not given for
3) Ridiculous defensive error hands the opposition the game with 20 mins
4) No cutting edge up front
5) Terrible ref

We get one thing right and three others go wrong.

As much as I rate Garde, his reliance on Bacuna for set pieces is comical. But also give him credit, he's tried everything Gil on the wing, Gil behind the strikers - and wow it worked today until the sending off. It looked like he finally sorted the defence out and had a central midfield that could function, but that's where it ends, Sinclair, Gestede have offered next to nothing in recent matches, he's even given Kozak and Gabby a go, both have looked mostly terrible although it's a bit early to judge Gabby too harshly and Kozak just doesn't look match fit.

Ayew has cut a frustrated figure in recent matches and he has form at being a petulant teenager. Who is there left to try? The kids?

There just isn't enough in this squad to get more than a few draws or unlikely fluke one goal victories, and when we get points everyone around us will win. The universe is against us, certainly the pundits seem ecstatic we are going and the refereeing performances have been the worst i have ever seen, consistently awful. But we have walked a tightrope for years now and I think we have been lucky at times, now all that luck has gone.

I feel for Garde and I think he will walk if not soon then at the end of the season.

I have waited nearly six years now for things to change and they just keep getting worse. While Lerner is in charge I genuinely don't think there will be any ambition to get us back in the Premiership just as there isn't to avoid relegation, if he cared about the club he would just walk away, surely when we drop a division the club's value will go down. What on earth is he actually planning to do with the club? I thought he would get rid for £150 mil down 100 mil from what he originally wanted. 

He doesn't attend matches and appointing more cronies just smacks of a man who doesn't want to deal with the club anymore. His only motivation is not losing any more money, I just don't understand what he wants for the club and what his plans are, he owes the fans a statement.

I have loved this club and it's fans for 37 years but I genuinely don't see the point in actively enduring this team in it's current state, every low you don't think we can sink to, we will eventually get there. I am Villa for life, but at the moment you have to question whether weekly humiliation is worth it, every weekend is ruined by the idiots on the pitch and muppets who put them there. I genuinely think we should boycott home matches or do some form of demonstration as enough is enough.

I feel your pain. It will change. Be patient 

10 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Not sure why Pearson is seen by people as the sort of manager to get us back up. He was bankrolled at Leicester to get promoted. A luxury we won't have here.

Cause he looks the sort who could batter Hollis an Lerner.

• Like 3

Â