The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

interestingly our pass accuracy is better than southampton. Imagine if we had a better defence and a goal scorer? Remi is doing a great job turning this around

Remi has had us decent in the middle of the park since day one to be fair and now he appears to have corrected the issues at the back without losing that along with the fitness problems, concentration levels, confidence...

Now all he has to do is get us scoring goals and we could make this interesting. Without spending any money that is...

[emoji15]

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Remi has had us decent in the middle of the park since day one to be fair and now he appears to have corrected the issues at the back without losing that along with the fitness problems, concentration levels, confidence...

Now all he has to do is get us scoring goals and we could make this interesting. Without spending any money that is...

emoji15.png

If he can do that he truly is a miracle worker...

• Like 1

We deserved to beat Palace, you could argue we deserved to beat Leicester (but cannot overlook how easily we could have lost) and should have had at least one penalty (theirs was a dodgy award too, not that it mattered ultimately). 

The Wycombe performance was pretty average but we did enough in the end and we should have won on the weekend, it was a blatant penalty (not that you can guarantee us having scored it).

If we continue in a similar vein for the rest of the season then I'd say he's earned another crack at it next year, if he wanted to remain of course. My only worry is that if you look at the teams that have come up in recent years they've tended to have a core of British players who know the divisions well, does Remi (or anyone at the club) have that degree of knowledge about the lower leagues and the players down there? I hope so but fear not.

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

emoji15.png

Literally from day one.

I remember commenting to my mate about how obvious the shape was in our midfield in that Man City game.

I think all he did was define their roles, which the previous two managers seemed to fail to do.

3 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just seen on SSN we've now got the 2nd highest possession stats in the league with 61%, with Spurs in first place. Bet you wouldn't have imagined that at the start fo last season!

makes sense as we are too slow with the ball we allow teams to get back into shape as they know we have no speed or movement to break them down

On 25/01/2016 at 13:12, Zatman said:

makes sense as we are too slow with the ball we allow teams to get back into shape as they know we have no speed or movement to break them down

The problem with Villa is they always try and walk it into the net.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Godders said:

Considering we have the fourth highest ratio of number of shots from outside the box in the league, that's demonstrably not true.

Edited by Stevo985

We are pretty much mid-table in every stat except for a few where we're quite high (dribbles per game, aerial duels, interceptions etc). But the one stat where we're rock bottom is goals and shots on target (we're also second least offside after Watford which is funny for a couple of reasons). I think it just highlights how much we need to score goals (and more to the point, a goalscorer). We seem to be a comfortable mid-table team in all other aspects, but this one thing (along with individual defensive errors) has dragged us down to the bottom, 10 points adrift. With a goalscorer we might actually stand a chance.

20 minutes ago, Godders said:

I'd say that's exactly NOT the problem. 

At least when you watch Arsenal walk it into the net, there are forward balls into the box, come back out, play it again into Giroud, a Ramsey comes around the outside etc.

We get to an invisible wall about 30 yards out and then go left and right across the pitch for 30 passes until someone gives it away. Kozak often doesn't even touch the ball and there are zero runners from midfield.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

What worries me is that the way this club is bieng run ( especially now ) Remi might get frustrated from continually trying to fight with one hand tied behind his back and quit.Then we are in trouble.

That is what I think will happen. probably middle of next season. they have not backed him this window at all so summer they have no excuses and no place sto hide

Â