The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Amazing what one result can do. Although our confidence is still very fragile, the fans will be right behind Remi and the team on Saturday. Its vital that we don't let Leicester get an early goal and really we need to score first. A defeat on Saturday would undo any good from tonight I think and really take the little wind we have out of our sails.

Fair play to him. To get that kind of performance and effort out of players who have been on a terrible run and lacking confidence is some going. Hopefully we can build on this.

It could be a really big result as the longer you go without winning the tougher it is to keep players believing in what you are trying to do. I just wish it could have come a handful of games ago as I think had we have beaten say West Ham, as we arguably deserved to, we may well have gone on to get results at Norwich and Sunderland and things would be looking much different.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

I liked the dropping of Guzan and Richards but I give him no credit for the performance on the pitch.

The performance is all to do with selection, tactics and instructions - if the team are following them.

We've rained down on him about the lack of performance from the team over the last 9 games.  When he wins, he deserves the plaudit...and I said it before kick off that whatever happens I could see he has finally made the right choice in a team selection.

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I liked the dropping of Guzan and Richards but I give him no credit for the performance on the pitch.

Common! No credit?! Be happy man, we just won a Cup!

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Fair play to him. To get that kind of performance and effort out of players who have been on a terrible run and lacking confidence is some going. Hopefully we can build on this.

It could be a really big result as the longer you go without winning the tougher it is to keep players believing in what you are trying to do. I just wish it could have come a handful of games ago as I think had we have beaten say West Ham, as we arguably deserved to, we may well have gone on to get results at Norwich and Sunderland and things would be looking much different.

This is spot on. We needed this result 4 games ago as it would have put us back pretty much within touching distance immediately. Instead we now need to win the next 2 games just to consider having a chance at all. Still...from small acorns....

• Like 1

Superb battling performance tonight from all the players. Felt very proud watching them fight for each other tonight and a well deserved win against a very good team. We had no luck with Clattenburk but the players didn't need it as they really came together as a unit worked their nuts off and backed each other continually. Superb win, and chuffed for the manager aswell who has come into the club at the worst time in nearly 30 years. We did so many things well tonight which was a joy in itself. Every player did their bit and the gesture from Cissokho, Veretout and Ayew at the end was what its all about.

Well done Remi and the boys!!

If he stays, Championship or not, I think he will eventually prove to be a succesful and popular manager. He needs to be seriously backed, which is obvious, but hopefully Lerner will have departed by then.

Have to face it though, he did inherit quite a train wreck.

• Like 1

Â