The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yes I read somewhere some of the PR people employed at VP have to browse the fan sites from time to time to judge the mood and relay that to the board.

Back to the Garde bit,,,,,surely the relevant question is are you confident Remi Garde is the person to bring us straight back next season, either automatically or through the play offs. To do either we'll need to win 25/46 games at least so just over 50% win ratio.

I've said before in recent years premier league teams who've gone down with foreign manager or rookies have struggled. Cardiff went down with Solsjkaer, he was sacked by October. Same with Fulham and McGarth. QPR went down with Ramsey, same result. When Wolves went down they appointed Stale Solbakken who'd done well in Scandinavia, he lasted just past xmas.

Whereas likes of Hull and Burnley who have managers who know that division inside out are in the top 6.

When I said before this I was told "totally different situation." I'm not sure why as we'll probably finish on lower points than most of those teams who were relegated and our club is as badly run as some of those clubs, indeed Fulham's a bit of a decent comparison with us. Were in prem for years and years without getting relegated, gradually got worse as they sold key players and the money got withdrawn and then they got a new owner in that Khan bloke and he's so far been clueless appointing managers and they don't look like going up anytime soon.

I am with you on this VillaChris, more so because I am a bit of a worrier at times. Garde different circumstances/time could have been a good appointment but I just don't see it where we are at present as a club.  Can't help but think Pearson would get this club going again but just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

It would've been better to appoint Garde when we'd potted Lambert. Yes risky given there were less games that season but he can grind out draws so with an inform Benteke I'd have backed him to get us over the line like Sherwood did. Then he'd have had a summer to overhaul the squad.

As ever we seem to make the right sort of appointment at very much the wrong time, I'm not at all confident he'll bring us straight back if I'm honest but will reserve judgement until we see the sort of squad he assembles by the end of July. If he's still here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

How mad would it be if he stays on if we get relegated, he sorts this team out and we go on the longest unbeaten run in our current history?

Our club has been so messed up, I wouldn't put it past them!

Then we sack him midway through the season.

That wouldn't surprise me either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If he carries on like this he will deservedly not be here next season, time for him to actually show us why he should have a future at this club, starting tomorrow.

But he clearly didn't cause the mess we're in. We're also loads shitter than Crystal Palace (and the rest of the teams—also not his fault) and we will definitely lose. 

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

But he clearly didn't cause the mess we're in. We're also loads shitter than Crystal Palace (and the rest of the teams—also not his fault) and we will definitely lose. 

But he's not showing anything. It doesn't matter whether he caused this 'mess' or not, the performances and results under him have been diabolical so far, if they carry on like this for the rest of the season then he deserves to be sacked.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

http://www.gyfbin.com/2016/01/hgifv.html?m=1

if 11 year old kids can do it, we should be alble too aswell right?!

i dont know what it is, but im guessing its  the simplicity of that goal that gets me. No fancy moves, no wanna-be-messi overcharging in a feeble attempt, just simple basic teamwork. How we cant string that together is beyond me.. I'ts **** basics

2 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

http://www.gyfbin.com/2016/01/hgifv.html?m=1

if 11 year old kids can do it, we should be alble too aswell right?!

i dont know what it is, but im guessing its  the simplicity of that goal that gets me. No fancy moves, no wanna-be-messi overcharging in a feeble attempt, just simple basic teamwork. How we cant string that together is beyond me.. I'ts **** basics

at times we couldnt string 3 passes together vs Wycombe. the most basic of things

I'm not calling for him to be sacked, and (for now) I agree with those saying he deserves more time. There's no point sacking a manager in the middle of the January window anyway. 

But those saying he should get until the end of the season regardless of results might be in for a rude surprise. I simply don't think the club will smile grimly through another 16 league games without a win. They need to sell season tickets for next season - it'll be impossible with Garde soon. Sooner rather than later, he needs to win a match. 

• Like 1

Needs time this mess can't be sorted over night let him mould a team get rid of all the wasters and shit at the club and blood in a philosophy changing manager every 5 minutes hasn't worked for us.

To me he genuinely looks like he cares about the club, yes I know he has yet to give us a win and he isn't a blood and thunder manager but what he has shown to me is that he has the intelligence to turn this club around if given the time.

Lets hope he gets a few people in with the right attitude and start getting the basics right and pull this club off its knees. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Sorry, thats not an argument at all. Nobody can know whether it would have a point or not.

Its just as sane/daft to keep a Manager who cant win games as it is to get rid of them.

He shouldnt get extra time in the job just because the last guy didnt get much time.

He should get, and keep it, on merit alone, and if the defence for him is that he needs a different group of players (a defence which I doubt he would welcome, nor need) then its hard to argue his merits.

Surely he should be judged like any other Manager.

I recall in Lamberts first season defending him left right and centre saying we needed to get a guy and stick with him, give him time etc.  All that was, and is, true, but you still have to be pretty sure its the right guy.  Back then Lamberts results were, importantly, a (small) improvement on Mcleish. I couldn't have defended him had he the record we now have.

To repeat my view, I dont want him sacked but he has to show what he CAN get out of players, not that he CANT. Id say half a dozen or so games on top of what hes had already is a fair time to show that at least.

Your response seems to have nothing to do with my reply.

All of your post can be true, but it would still be pointless to sack him in March.

I can see little or no benefit in sacking him in March.

And not because of any opinion I have of him. It could be any manager of any club. If the club is already down, it would be bizarre to sack the manager in March.

• Like 1

I just don't agree. Gate receipts don't matter in the PL - TV money covers everything. Next year, getting people through the turnstiles will be much harder - and much more important. There will be a big drop-off in season ticket sales anyway; it'll be even bigger if the club still hasn't won since the opening day of the season.

• Like 1

Â