New manager

KJT123

Changing of the Garde.

Sky Sports News just confirmed they have approached him. Out of all the names brandished he is the one that I could see working. Birmingham has some great galleries too Remi.

If not, Maradona so we can have a top party whilst we go down.

Well appointing someone who's managed in France makes sense seeing as half our squad is from that league. Plus he speaks English from his time at Arsenal.

That said didn't he finish 6th one season with Lyon....

Are you saying 6th isn't good enough?

The journalist of Canal + Stéphane Guy announced Sunday afternoon on the air that Remi Garde, who is currently a consultant for the French channel, is in pole position to succeed Tim Sherwood, thanked earlier in the day his coach of Aston Villa. Rémi Garde, former coach of Olympique Lyonnais (2011-14), finished his playing career at Arsenal between 1996 and 1999. David Moyes and Brendan Rodgers are among the other favorites Sherwood succession. Aston Villa is currently top of the Premier League with just one win in ten matches.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Aston-villa-remi-garde-en-pole-position-pour-succeder-a-tim-sherwood-selon-canal/601967

YAY! Top of the league!

He has been holding his newspaper upside down.

Sherwood to Garde would be a pretty **** big jump in quality!

How come? Sell him to me - what's his positives? Why would he be a better idea than a less 'risky' appointment?

Only just seen this so a lot has already been said by others. Tactically astute, intelligent but not afraid to have a good 'ole rant when needed. Picked up the pieces at Lyon and working within their new financial constraints built a competitive attractive footballing side out of young raw talent. 

Don't get me wrong my opinion of Sherwood has always been at absolute rock bottom so literally anyone in my eyes would be somewhat of an improvement but in this instance I feel we would be making the jump up from a fraud to an actual decent and progressive thinking manager. 

EDIT: Plus if it all goes to shit he's already close to having the "Haunted Villa Manager" look down.

zkpbjEn.jpg

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1